- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
either unit is unlevel or one of the tub supports has come disconnected .... these washers have a slanted top lid so you must put level at side of washer on front and both sides and check front to back with level at side cabine seam as your leveling point
If you've recently had the washer apart for maintenance, you probably have managed to unlevel the washer. The rear feet of Whirlpool manufactured top loaders are auto-leveling. You can usually tell if the washer if off level if the back appears to be sitting lower than the front. You can reset the level by following these very simple steps:
1. Make sure the wash tub is empty.
2. Open the washer lid and grab the rim of the wash tub opening (do not grab the tub).
3. Place one foot against the bottom front center of the washer.
4. Pull the washer towards you so that the back feet come off the floor. You should hear a clicking noise as the rear feet automatically level.
5. Lower the washer back in place and use a level to ensure the washer is level front to back and side to side.
This is a common issue when moving or doing maintenance on the washer. Many consumers do not know about the auto-leveling feature of these washers.
If you find that the washer is still unlevel after resettting the back feet, adjust the front feet by using a wrench to adjust the feet.
I would attempt these procedures first before assuming a bent shaft. I have never seen that occur. Its not to say that it can't, but its probably not common.
If you have any questions, or if you still need assistance, please let me know. I hope this helps you.
NOTE: Kenmore washers are manufactured by Whirlpool.
there are some springs that help hold the tub even as it spins also make sure that the washer is level check front to back side to side and corner to corner if it is unlevel they will be out of balance in high speed spin