Question about Heating & Cooling
I have a vermont castings electric fireplace insert Model VCEF33. It is installed in a fireplace opening. There is an AC outlet inside the fireplace opening behind the insert and that is where it is plugged in. There is also a light switch on the side of the fireplace insert that controls power to the AC outlet in the opening. After not using the unit during the summer, I went to start it this evening and could not control it with the remote control. So, I tried the following; 1. Checked to see that the light switch controlling the AC plug in the fireplace opening is in the ON position. 2. Replaced batteries in remote control with tested good batteries. 3. Checked to confirm that the circuit breaker for the fireplace was in the ON position. 4. Tried to start fireplace with remote control. Did not work. 5. Tried to start fireplace by manually pressing the buttons on the front of the fireplace. Did not work. The only other thing I can think to check is to pull the insert out of the opening and plug it into a different outlet to determine if the problem is with the AC outlet or with the fireplace itself. The insert is somewhat permanently installed. They grouted between the lower edge of the insert and the fireplace opening. So, before I pulled it out and risked screwing up the grout, I thought I'd see if there might be something I was missing. I wondered about an inline fuse of some sort on the insert itself, but in looking at the manual I can't locate anything like that.
You could take a table lamp or a drop light a electric drill or anything similar,and see if you can unplug the insert and plug one of these items in and see if the plug works
I am taking for granted that you can get to the plug without having to pull the insert out or at least not all the way out
If you can't do that
Turn the breaker off to that circuit pull the switch out and make sure nothing is touching
Hook a tester to the wires and then turn the breaker on and see
If you have power to that switch turn the switch off and on watch the meter and see if it does turn on and off
If you have power coming out of the switch.
and you can't reach the plug then you only option would be to pull the insert
As for a fuse there may be one but not look like what you are thinking a fuse will look like it is usually a temperature fuse that is shaped similar to a diode the symbol for it can be two ways
it could have what looks like a c laying on its side upright and also another c beside it on its side aiming down like a snake crawling. The other symbol looks like a rocket with no fins on its side with a with a what looks like a T laid sideways coming off one end
Posted on Oct 20, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It is sure to be a problem with the controller.
If you can open the controller up, you can compare the good controller on the side that operates to find the problem with the bad side.
If you have a multimeter, you can surely fix the problem.
Check for output where the wire comes out of the controller if you can get inside of the controller.
It may be that the cord is bad.
That is the most abused part, because it is continually being moved and bent.
Posted on Feb 11, 2008
Have you measured the temperature in the suppy plenum? Should be 140 to 160 max. If hotter, you have a blockage in the ductwork or vents closed. If within spec, bad circuit board.
Posted on Jun 10, 2008
There was a recall on some of the remotes. Check to see if yours is one of them. If you take the plug put of the remote box, and just plug it directly into the wall,it should work.
Posted on Dec 05, 2010
SOURCE: Hi I have a Dimplex
Lisa, apparently there was an electrical overload in the receiver box. I assume this electric stove is new and still under warranty. In which case, armed with your Proof of Purchase, you need to contact Dimplex USA or the retailer you purchased it from.
Below is a link to Dimplex USA Customer Support.
Posted on Feb 23, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 04, 2014 | Majestic by Vermont Castings Home
Nov 17, 2012 | Grilling
Jun 21, 2011 | Heating & Cooling
Jun 02, 2011 | Vermont Casting VM600BSN Grill
Mar 23, 2011 | Heating & Cooling
Apr 25, 2017 | Heating & Cooling
Jan 28, 2011 | Stoves Heating & Cooling
Apr 04, 2009 | Leisure HOMEPRIDE Electric Fireplace...
Apr 08, 2017 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Nov 19, 2007 | Leisure HOMEPRIDE Electric Fireplace...
185 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!