Question about Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Creative zen v 4gb 2.1.10 firmware
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Before preceding, goto control panel, add/remove programs (vista equivalent) select windows media player and uninstall note the response it gives you. If it is going to allow you to uninstall OR downgrade windows media player to version 9 then keep going. If not, then find another computer that you've never used the player on try upgrading firmware there, make SURE it's got windows media player 9 by downgrading it in add/remove programs.
Now for the fun stuff:
Sounds like the same problem I've resolved several times in the past on here.
1. Plug in the device.
2. Goto device manager in control panel and remove the device drivers.
3. Reboot if it asks you to, make sure to unplug the device.
4. Goto device manager again, remove the USB hubs.
5. Don't reboot.
6. Goto control panel, add remove software or equivalent for windows vista ultimate.
7. Select creative labs, and uninstall any and every zen related software.
8. Don't reboot.
9. Goto my computer, find the creative directory located on your main hard drive at \program files\creative. Deleted it completely.
10. Select windows media player select uninstall, or downgrade accordingly.
11. Make sure your zen touch is not plugged in and reboot your system.
12. After system loads, plug in the device and run the firmware software again.
And if you wish, reinstall windows media player 10 and the creative software (which you don't need at all with vista) all the other drivers should reinstall themselves.
BTW it's a hell of alot easier to just use another CPU if you have access to one, I've done it both ways and it saves alot of time.
Posted on Mar 24, 2008
I had the same issue after trying to update firmware the PC kept saying the player was not connected, I have copied the reply below from Creative Customer Services on how I fixed this problem. I was lucky that I have access to an old PC that had WMP 10 so I didn't need to mess with my own PC. However, there was some messing about with the instructions to get the fix. My main tip is follow the instructions below, then go to device manager and uninstall the Zen from your USB list, it will probably be flagged with a yellow triangle. Remove it totally and then reinstall the Zen driver, this worked for me after I had taken the steps listed here;
1. Please uninstall all Creative software & Drivers.
2. If WMP 11 is installed, remove it including Media Player 11 runtime
(may require a reboot for each thing).
Go to add/remove programs and uninstall these two files (this will put
your pc back to wmp10). http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=16737
Related topic is further explained on this page http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/readme.aspx#DevicenotrecognizedafterinstallingWindowsMediaPlay
3. Download the following files from the website and save them to a
You may have to select your own Product > Choose your Specific Model>
then Double Click.
Down below; please ensure that your Operating System selected is Windows XP.
Driver : Creative Zen and Jukebox Driver Upgrade version 1.30.03
Firmware: Creative Zen Touch PlaysForSure Firmware 2.11.01
You may want to click the Show Details button on the right side for
4. Re-install the Zen Driver and reboot the PC and then connect the
5. Make sure the firmware update is ready,
Run the program but don't click the language bit yet), leave the mouse
hovering over your language selection.
6. On the Zen - select the option "reload OS"
7. As soon as it flashes up "reload new firmware now via USB" click the
language button on the firmware.
8. Now PC should find it and allow you to re-load the firmware. (it may
take a few attempts)
9. Once complete, click close and restart the pc. Everything should now
10. If installation is successful, you can re-install your WMP11 and
everything should be okay this time.
Posted on Oct 19, 2008
try sync-ing ur mp3 with windows media player 11.
then click on "Click Here if you require further information/assistance."
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
SOURCE: Creative Zen Firmware Problem
about this issue of creative zen wherein the device is not booting up to the normal os. and is not being detected by your computer, and giving you options to clean, reset, and format.
my brother and i own creative zen, my brother own zen 4GB and i own 16gb. i don't have any problems at all. but my brother does.
what i did is i just download the firmware version of my brother's zen that is missing which is version 1.03.04_0.6.1.
unfortunately you will not find this firmware version at creative website.
i checked a website and i found this.
it's at http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Creative-ZEN-4-8-16-GB-Firmware-10304.shtml
just perform this steps and you're good to go.
1. download the firmware for your zen.
2. connect your zen to your pc.
3. run the executable file (firmware).
4. just follow the on-screen instructions on your computer and you're good to go.
hope that this step will help you guys out.
if you have any questions about fixing this kind of problem. or if this step won't help you.
email me at email@example.com
i'll be more than happy to help you guys with this kind ok issue.
god bless and enjoy listening to your favorite music.
Posted on Jan 28, 2009
Hi and welcome to FixYa,
It would appear that the fix requires a Windows machine. Solution then would be two fold:
Your Creative Zen Nomad Xtra mp3 player uses a memory system similar to a flash/thumb drive much like the hard disk of any computer. Just as a computer on certain instances freezes/hangs, the same would happen to your MP3. Like again the computer, the OS would need to be re-installed. In your MP3 the OS is the firmware which has to be reloaded/updated.
Good luck and thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Feb 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2010 | Creative Labs Zen Digital Media Player
Oct 03, 2009 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Sep 12, 2009 | Creative Technology Zen MX Black (8 GB)...
Mar 30, 2009 | Creative Labs Zen V MP3 Player
Mar 19, 2009 | Creative Labs Zen V MP3 Player
Aug 06, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 30, 2008 | Creative Labs Zen Micro MP3 Player
Sep 29, 2017 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: