Question about Cell Phones
Remove the backing of the phone and pull out the battery. Then put the battery back in and turn on the phone. If remove the battery isnt an option,
1. Turn off phone
2. Press and hold Power key + Home hard key to power on the phone and bring up a triangle with an exclamation point inside next to a green Android graphic.
3. Press Search hard key (only froyo 2.2) to show the Android recovery menu. ( for firmware 2.3 Gingerbread Press both Volume buttons)
4. Tap to select "wipe data/factory reset" (you can also use Volume buttons to scroll up or down in this menu)
5. Press Menu hard key under "Ok" screen prompt (camera button can also be used to confirm selection)
6. Handset will ask you to "Confirm wipe of all user data"
7. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
8. Press Menu hard key under "Ok" screen prompt to start wipeout of phone, handset will begin to format handset showing progress with multiple lines of ellipses (....) (camera button can also be used to confirm selection)
9. Handset may take from 5-20 minutes to format.
10. When format is complete, press Menu hard key under "Ok" screen (or use the camera button) when prompted to reboot (Reboot system now will be highlighted)
11. You will see either an open box and the green android graphic when handset is rebooting (or the red DROID eye graphic).
12. Handset will be cleared of previous personal data, and you will need to start over with initial set-up process.
Sadly thats the only process which includes wiping contacts etc. and last alternative.
Posted on Oct 20, 2013
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Jul 19, 2010 | Cell Phones
Aug 01, 2014 | Motorola Mobility Droid RAZR HD
Jun 03, 2014 | Motorola Mobility Droid RAZR HD
May 23, 2014 | Motorola Mobility DROID RAZR MAXX HD
Jan 23, 2014 | Motorola Mobility Droid RAZR HD
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!