Question about Proform XP 580 Trainer Treadmill
Incline works, display works, gets feedback when walking the belt, but the belt itself has stopped rotation on its own. How to fix?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: will not move belt
Press the Stop and the Speed Up keys down while inserting the safety key.
Press the Stop key one time. The Time window should read EP:2P. Some newer models may also say FP, Pass, or the like. This means that it passes the EPROM test.
Press either incline key and the incline will calibrate automatically.
BE CAREFUL, THE TREADMILL WILL RUN AT FULL SPEED IN THIS NEXT MODE! DO NOT STAND ON THE WALKING BELT. Press the Speed Up key and hold it down until 85 is shown in the Distance window (some models may show the 85 number in another window).
If the top speed of the treadmill does not match the displayed speed on the computer console, adjust the max speed potentiometer (pot) on the motor control board. This is the board that the red and black motor wires connect directly into in the motor area. The Max Speed pot is clearly labeled. The max speed potentiometer is a small square with a mobile center and is located in one corner of the board and is labeled MAX SPD. It is near the harness that carries the speed signal labeled H,W,L. Using a small insulated screwdriver adjust this potentiometer clockwise to speed up and counter-clockwise to slow down the max speed of the treadmill. A tiny turn of this potentiometer will make a big difference in speed so be careful when making adjustments. It is not important to get the speed set exactly at the max speed of the treadmill but do make sure to get the speed within .2 MPH of the max speed of the treadmill. For instance if the max speed of the treadmill is 10 MPH, make sure to have the speed set between 9.8 MPH and 10.2 MPH. Some models have a 12 MPH top speed, so please check your manual if you aren’t sure. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP BECAUSE YOU WILL GET AN ERROR MESSAGE IF THIS STEP IS SKIPPED. After completing calibration of the speed, press the Speed Down key. The treadmill will automatically return to 0 MPH. Please allow the unit to stop completely before continuing. Press the Stop key once and remove the safety key.
Posted on May 31, 2010
1. Inspect belt and deck. The deck should be smooth. The belt should have a consistent feel from side to side (a belt can be worn out without any sensory signs of a problem). If you feel deep grooves in the deck or uneven wear on the underside of the belt, part replacement is necessary. Continued use of your treadmill may damage expensive electrical components. 2. To inspect the belt and deck visually or to clean underneath the belt before applying lubricant, the belt must have the tension reduced. Loosen the tension roller by following the instructions in your owner’s manual. Do not loosen the bolts in the tension roller too far or the bolts will come out of the roller shaft. This step may not be necessary for your treadmill model or belt and deck condition. 3. Contaminants are the worst enemy of your belt and deck. Some treadmills may have an excessive accumulation of dirt and contaminants. If these are trapped during the belt lube process, significant damage will occur. If contaminant removal is necessary, loosen the belt by following step 2, lay the treadmill on its’ side, and use a nylon brush to loosen contaminants that have accumulated on the inside of the belt. Clean the deck with mineral spirits in a well-ventilated area. Allow the deck to dry before lubing or tightening the belt. 4. After completing the steps above go to your local hardware store and purchase a can of silicone spray ( Pyroil, Napa etc ) attach the nozzle and proceed to spray length wise starting at the motor shroud to 2/3 down the deck repeat the process on the other side then re-tension the belt according to you owner's manual. Start unit and proceed to walk on it if the unit shuts down again then belt and deck needs to be replaced or your in the market for a new treadmill.
Posted on Jun 30, 2010
# get a 12-18 volt dc battery fully charged(like one from a cordless drill)
# Make sure it is fully charged, because it won't work if not
# attach the + and - to the motor red is + and black is -
# If the motor turns slightly your motor is ok, if not the motor is bad and would need replaced
# if the motor is ok then your motor controller(the board with the metal) is malfunctioning and would need replaced.
Posted on Aug 10, 2010
adjust the REED switch, see the diagram for to do it. clean, and tight the connector very well.
God bless you
Posted on May 11, 2012
SOURCE: treadmill proform model 831.29605.0 (proform xp 550e was working fine till I Changed the walk belt. After changing belt, display looked ok but treadmiil would non trurn on. Operated incline. incline
1) i recommend that you lube very well deck belt + rollers bearing
2) see the videos.
3) see the block
4) Try to RUN the software calibration, for troubleshooting.
5) measure the input voltage motor, if there are the motor need repair.
6) Measure the output voltage board, for input voltage board, if there are NOT, the board is faulty.
Posted on Jun 28, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 03, 2013 | Nordic Track Exercise & Fitness
Oct 02, 2013 | Nordic Track NordicTrack COMMERCIAL 1750...
Oct 02, 2013 | Nordic Track NordicTrack COMMERCIAL 1750...
Jun 27, 2012 | Proform Treadmill Motor Controller 241697
May 11, 2012 | Proform Crosswalk Ls Treadmill Walking...
Feb 26, 2011 | Proform 790T Treadmill
Dec 14, 2010 | Epic 600 Mx Treadmill
May 27, 2010 | Proform CrossTrainer Treadmill
May 23, 2010 | Nordic Track NordicTrack Treadmill, A2550
Oct 10, 2009 | Proform Exercise & Fitness
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: