Question about Greenworks 1700 PSI 1.4 GPM Electric Pressure Washer 51012
Greenworks 1700 psi - Pressure Washer Problem and Solution:
1. The main problem is the water outlet connector between the pump and the pressure hose. It's made of plastic. So water ran to the motor, switch and capacitor.
2. The 2 connectors to the capacitor may be rusted by now. So it build high current when plug-in and pressing the power-on button. Caused the power breaker to trip.
3. The motor is stuck caused the power breaker to trip too.
"These were the problems I encountered."
1. Disassemble the top cover by removing 10 pcs Philip screws on the left and right side at the bottom. Note: you need a 1 foot long Philip screw driver to do this job. Next, removed 4 hex screws at the middle.
2. Check the capacitor: Mine, was pushed out from the cover and the 2 connectors were rusted. Just in case, replaced the 2 connector instead of salvaging them. Pile the 2 connectors of the big capacitor. Note: This big capacitor is lethal, that it can harm/shock you if it is charge: (230Vac), make sure is completely discharge, by checking the DC voltage from Digital multimeter. To discharge place a light bulb as load between the 2 connectors. Check and measure the capacitance or use an ESR meter to make sure the capacitor is in working condition.
3. check the motor: Try to spin the propeller/small blade by hand. If it doesn't move or spin do this: Remove the black plastic cover and used allen / hex driver. If it doesn't move /spin try this: tap the shaft (where the hex located) with the hammer softly, then spin it. If it doesn't move tap again with little harder until the motor spin using your hand rotation.
4. The main problem is the water outlet connector (model no.:34117365) causing all these problems. It was made of plastic. Don't try to glue or repair it. I tried JB weld and didn't work. Imagine 1700psi coming out of this connector. Use the Sears replacement part no. 33101365 - a solid metal. use for craftsman pressure washer. It's the perfect replacement. Cost $8.52 and about $19.00 with shipping.
5. Assemble and check out other outlet(s) for leakage. If found one, the outlet connecting to the soap line. I used plastic tie.
This pressure washer belongs to my neighbor. Asked if I can fix it for I fixed their 3 computers long time ago. It was a challenge for me, because I didn't have experience in fixing pressure washer before. But it everything works now. Good luck.
Posted on May 22, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Oct 03, 2010 | Hammering
Jun 26, 2014 | Coleman Powermate DuraBuilt 1400 PSI...
Apr 19, 2013 | Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
Apr 12, 2013 | Televison & Video
Jul 18, 2011 | Black & Decker 1700 PSI Electric Pressure...
Jun 13, 2011 | Rainbow Rainmate Air Purifier
Feb 17, 2011 | Sunbeam Heating & Cooling
Feb 15, 2011 | Heating & Cooling
Mar 20, 2016 | Greenworks 1700 PSI 1.4 GPM Electric...
1,289 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!