I have a different make and model, but many of these use a similar design. A battery pack (2 x D or C cell) is mounted on the kerosine tank. The batteries are used to heat a coil. The coil is pressed by an external button against the heater wick. Pressing the button also engages the switch, heating the coil until it glows red hot.
1. Open the burner chamber of the unit and confirm it has a wick installed (this is a used heater--who knows it's condition). Close the chamber.
2. Make sure the tip-over protection hasn't retracted the wick. Generally the tip-over protection is reset by a lever on the base of the burner.
3. Adjust the wick all the way up. A knob on the base of the burner does this.
4. Fully depress the electric starter until the coil touches the wick.
5. When the kerosine on the wick ignites, release the starter and adjust the wick to the desired level.
If the electric start coil does not glow, check the batteries. If the batteries are good, the starter coil may be bad. These are also
Nov 08, 2007 |
Corona 23-DK Compact Heater