Question about Microwave Ovens
Posted by Anonymous on
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 13, 2011 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Apr 01, 2011 | Bosch HMV9305 Microwave Oven
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT
This is a job for a professional but if
you are safety clued up, here's instruction.
Make sure the !!!!capacitor is discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 or moving coil meter on high resistance range for short circuit, (DVM's won't show the fault!), the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.
simple safety test.
Place 1/2 litre of water in a glass container. Measure the temperature of the water.
Place in microwave and heat on full power for 1minute.
Measure the temperature after it has stood for 1minute.
If the temperature difference is more than 9 degrees Celcuis the magnetron is working and producing about 700Watts of heat.
If your microwave is labelled with 900 or 1000Watts. That is about right.
If the temperature is less then the magnetron is not working properly and may need replacing.
This a only a rough guide and any doubts you should consult an authorised service agent.
Jan 19, 2011 | Daewoo WM1010CC Microwave Oven
Nov 08, 2009 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Aug 08, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Mar 07, 2009 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Jan 10, 2009 | Whirlpool MH1170XS Microwave Oven
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!