Question about Computers & Internet
How do i open up the ports to play nba2k14 online because the game kicks me out because my ports are not open on the router for this perticular game please help
You will have to login to your router and configure it. Usually by default router IP addresses are either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. You can type that address into your browser and if you successfully connect you should see a login screen where it asks for user and password. The deafult user and password are usually "admin" and "admin" or user: "admin" with no password.
Posted on Oct 19, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
before you connect the netgear router to your 2wire modem, you have to get the modem configured first. you did not include the firmware version of your modem (firmware version is found at the UI, go to gateway.2wire.net, click on the system icon.) for firmware version less than 3.7, go to homeportal/management, click on configure services, uncheck enable routing, then click on submit. for version 3.7 or higher, go to homeportal/management, click on configure under broadband link, put a dot in disable pvc search, set VPI to 0 & VCI to 35, the connection type box should be direct IP, then click on submit. then go to configure services, uncheck enable routing box, then click submit. you will notice the broadband link on the 2wire modem turn orange/amber, then you have successfully set the modem to bridged mode. that way you can now connect the router according to manufacturer's instructions (or just read the manual for the netgear router....)
Posted on Apr 03, 2008
SOURCE: Weak connection with my xbox 360
The best way to make the wireless connection stable is to do some changes on the wireless settings of the router , like changing its wireless channel to the highest one to avoid any interference on your area.........
Posted on Nov 05, 2008
If the problem has something to do with NAT firewall in your router, then you may need to open certain application ports for your XBOX in the router. You may check this link from Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874 that talks about NAT firewall and XBOX live.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Nov 09, 2008
SOURCE: Can't Open Ports in my Router
Make sure that you set or assign a static IP to your playstation first through your dlink. This would ensure that your playstation would have its own ip address and wont change each time you restart your playstation. Once you have that fixed then you could use the virtual server and set it to open all ports for your playstation's ip address. If it still did not work then instead of using virtual server, try setting your Playstation as a demilitarized zone. If that still did not work I think it would be best to contact your ISP.
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
SOURCE: Can't play Starcraft...
Note: Please use the computer for which the Ports are to be opened:
For Windows 2000/XP users:
1. Please click on Start and select Run.
2. Type in cmd and click on OK.
3. In the Command Prompt, please type ipconfig/all then press Enter or Return key.
4. Please make sure that the Ethernet adapter has an IP Address that is the same range as the router (e.g. 192.168.1.2 for the computer and 192.168.1.1 for the router).
5. Please note down the IP address and Physical address.
B. Reserving an IP Address:
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. When the setup page opens, click on LAN IP Setup under Advanced tab.
5. Click on Add under Address Reservation.
6. Under Address Reservation window, please select the radio button of the computer you wish to add from the Address Reservation Table.
7. If the computer you want is not on the list, please click on the Refresh button to update the table.
8. If the computer is still not on the Address Reservation Table, please type in the IP Address, MAC Address (Physical Address), and Device Name of the computer you wish to add.
9. Click the Add button when done.
C. Opening Pre-Defined Ports for Internet Services:
1. Click on the option with the name Port Forwarding/Port Triggering under the Advanced menu.
2. Please select the service type Port Forwarding. The router pre-defined services are listed there.
3. From the Service Name pull down list, select the service that needs to be hosted.
4. Enter the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box.
5. Click the Add or Apply button.
6. Repeat all steps to open more ports.
Note: If the name of the Internet service does not appear in the drop down list, you may manually open the ports for that Internet service. Please follow the steps below:
D. Opening Ports for Games, Applications or Custom Ports:
1. Click on Add Custom Service button.
2. Type the service name in the Service Name box and the lower range numbers in the Starting Port box.
3. If the application uses only a single port; type in the same port number in the Ending Port box.
4. If the application uses a range of ports; type in the higher range numbers in the Ending Port box.
5. Type the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box. Click Apply button.
6. It will then refresh to the Port Forwarding page, and will show the list of all ports opened in tabulation.
7. Repeat all steps to add more ports for more services.
E. To Edit or Delete a Service Entry:
1. Click on the Radio Button that needs to be Edited /Deleted, under the Port Forwarding page.
2. Modify the information from the Service Name, Starting Port, Ending Port, and the Server IP Address, and then click the Apply button.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2013 | NetGear DGN2200 Refurbished WirelessN N300...
Sep 27, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
May 27, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless...
Mar 16, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Router
Oct 26, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 10, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: