Macbook pro does not find canopus acdv110
How did You connect Canopus? Canopus has 2 Firewire slots - on the back and on the front.
If You connect FW cable to a front slot, then, Canopus will not work. Only with external power supply. I´m offering the next proceeding:
1. Connect ADVC with FW cable 6 to 4 to Your macbook via back FW slot. The ADVC lights will now on. On front panel by default light is on mode "digital". If the light don't work - it's a Canopus problem. If light is up and working, then next step.
2. Go to apple menu-about this mac - more info - firewire. You MUST see here Your Canopus a a device. If so, go to the next step.
3. Connect Your VCR to analog inputs, on the front panel of Canopus.
4. Run FCE. If it says "apple firewire device is missing" then is something wrong with Canopus. If not, proceed to next step.
5. On the top of the front panel of Canopus, press button. The light changes from digital to analogue.
6. Press apple+8, then capture settings. Set the firewire device as uncontrollable device. Make sure that in capture window is "vtr ok". Turn the VCR on
7. Press the play button on capture window. In the window appears the screen of Your VCR. Then press play on VCR and then "capture now" on capture panel. Voila! Must to work.
Aug 30, 2009 |
Televison & Video