Question about IQAir Air Purifiers
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
My husband came home and checked out the unit. He discovered that the cord was bad, so he replaced it with one we had. It works fine. The cord plugs into the unit at one end and into the wall at the other end. There was no rewiring needed. Problem solved!
Posted on Aug 05, 2008
Okay, after working on my Ionic Breeze Quadra I have fixed it. My problem was it wouldn't turn on even though the fins were clean.
2. Turn the machine upside down (there are 4 screws holding the bottom stand on) remove the screws
3. once bottom is off there are 2 screws sideways helping the hold the 2 sides together. Remove those 2 screws.
4. Turn the machine uprgiht and remove the middle fins (the ones you clean)
5. Remove the 4 screws that are deep in the 4 holes when you look down inside (you can't see the screws, I had to feel for them with a phillips head narrow screwdriver)
(it will be easier if your screwdriver has magnetic head for next step.)
6. after removing the 4 screws gently work lose the top (part that has the little lights and turn on push switch)
7. turn the breeze on its side, you will find about 5 or 6 tiny screws holding the two sides of the outside louver case together. Remove all these screws. You will be thankful for the magnetic end, I have small fingers and still had a problem catching the little screws.
8. You want to take off the screws from both sides but only remove one side.
9. Being careful of the wires (I left that side alone) I worked from the wire free side and using a bottle of rubbing alcohal and lots and lots of q-tips I gentle cleaned off all the gunk on all the little metal pieces at the bottom of the breeze (on the inside where the wires are). Clean as good as you can, you will find the metal pieces covered with what looks like tar but it comes off with the alcohal.
10. Using a can of 'canned air' like you'd use for a computer, gently blow the rest of the breeze parts getting all the dust away but being careful not to damage the electronics. (there are a lot of little computer boards). I didn't find any dust in the electrical parts in the very bottom of the breeze, just above where the fins are and some at the top where the controls are.
11. I cleaned the 1/2 I took completely off with some rubbing alcohal, gets that **** off pretty good but didn't mess with the side with the wires, just blew the dust out, gently cleaned a bit and on the outside.
12. To put back together, first I gently put the outer middle pieces together and then gently put the control top back on and replaced those 4 screws. Then I put the 10 or 12 tiny screws back into the middle, then the 2 screws in the bottom sides and 4 screws putting the stand back on. I stood it up, plugged it in (make sure its dry) and turned it on and the light came on and it is working great.
I've had mine for 3 years so I think they occasionally need a thorough cleaning. Except for the canned air I bought nothing else. Everyone has rubbing alcohal and q-tips in their homes. When I first started I didn't know how to dismantle it and tried to clean the inside with long q-tips but it was too hard. Those little metal pieces in the bottom make some sort of connection to the fins we pull out and clean so I guess they need good contact.
I hope I've helped all of you with the problem of the Ionic Breeze Quadra and I suspect any other iconic breeze type machine by sharper image pretty much comes apart the same way and may have the same problems. I don't know how to post this so that everyone can see it as a general solution. Maybe you guys at FixYa can help with that. --- Harry Potter Without the Wand (and a female to boot!)
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
SOURCE: Replacement Filter
i do apologize for the inconvenience that your having with the product. The only other thing that i can suggest cause you already did the majority of the troubleshooting, is that there should be a small pin hole on the top of the unit. that's the reset. stick a small pin in there and hold for about 3 seconds and then the unit should be reset. if that doesn't work there is something internal that is going on. recheck the manual for the trouble shooting options as well.
Posted on Aug 19, 2009
I had the same problem. Call IQAir in the US at 888-560-1020. Tell them your problem. You will most likely be advised that you will need a "power print" (the green electronic circuit board inside of the control panel). It cost me $81. Have it shipped to a friend in the US and then ask him/her to ship it to you. Instructions on how to install it are included. You can do it yourself.
Posted on Oct 11, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 27, 2013 | IQAir Iq Air Healthpro Plus Hepa Air...
Jun 09, 2008 | Bionaire BAP1300 Air Purifier
Nov 03, 2013 | Ecoquest Breeze AT Living Air Purifier
Jan 10, 2013 | IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
Jun 07, 2012 | IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
Dec 17, 2010 | IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
Sep 21, 2009 | Ecoquest Fresh Air Air Purifier
Sep 24, 2015 | IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: