When I try to insert any game cd or dvd it will only go in halfway, it sounds like it is trying to take it in, seams like a gear is jammed or something. Is there anyway to fix it besides sending it back to the manufacturer?
Hello,it is really discusting to hear that the ps3 cds are so much expensive and there cds are not available what should i do can any one tell me that what is tha site to see cds of ps3 online plz answere me in 30minuts ok.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Playstation 3 CD Drive
It sounds like something foriegn has entered the Blue Ray drive. I really hate to hear you have to open the PS3 as it is under warranty. Only problem is do you have the receipt. Sony is not that bad, I just got a PSP repaired, and it only took 10 days. I got a refurbshed one that worked perfectly. If you gung ho and want to fix it yourself, here we go. Go to www.llama.com and see how to dismantle the PS3 in picures and text. Once you get the Blue ray drive out, remove the cover and get the foriegn material out. Put it back together. Hope this helps. I do suggest sending it to sony though. You can also send it to me at www.PlaystationClinic.com
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try a different game? Is the game you're trying to play scratched or dirty? If not and no other games work, try a lens cleaner cd. If still no joy then it sounds like you have a faulty disk drive.
Hope this helps.
1. Try turning the ps3 on and off and then hitting eject.
2. Do Not try to open up the playstation. You may do more damage than good.
3. Try to halfway insert another game, cd, or dvd into the playstation 3 and press eject.
4. Here's the one that worked for me. I slid another compact disc into the console almost all the way but still holding on to it and pushed up as I pulled the disc back out. To my suprise another disc began to slide out with it. I had no idea how many discs were actually inside the ps3, but when I hit eject the original game that was in there still would not come out, so I new something still wasn't right. I repeated the process a few more times and low and behold, I had a total count of four, aside from the game.
Your Blu-ray drive has gone bad most likely. Try inserting a blu-ray movie to double check. Also, try to play a music cd or a dvd. I usually see that cd's and dvds will play but the BR movies and games will not.If your concole is less that 1 year old, contact sony for a warranty repair. If it is older than 1 year, they will repair it for a cost.
try these: Try turning the ps3 on and off and then hitting eject. Do Not try to open up the playstation. You may do more damage than good. Try to halfway insert another game, cd, or dvd into the playstation 3 and press eject. Here's the one that worked for me. I slid another compact disc into the console almost all the way but still holding on to it and pushed up as I pulled the disc back out. To my suprise another disc began to slide out with it. I had no idea how many discs were actually inside the ps3, but when I hit eject the original game that was in there still would not come out, so I new something still wasn't right. I repeated the process a few more times and low and behold, I had a total count of four, aside from the game. At last, eject finally pushed hubby's NBA Live out of the playstation.
The most common reason for the games not reading discs is a bad drive.
The following website sells the drives and does installs:
drive should fix any reading issues you are having with your games, or
issues inserting your games or ejecting them (or lack thereof). This is
the entire DVD drive assembly mechanism replacement for your game
including a new laser. If your discs are not ejecting, or you cannot
insert a disc -- or you can insert a disc but it will not load, this is
what you need to get your game going again!
its not the drive thinking there is a cd in there. when you re assembled it the motor that draws the disc in would have moved slightly so it thinks it pulls the disc in when it hasnt actually reached the end. take it apart and ensure it is retracted completley befor carefully re assembling. good luck
The following types of discs can be played
Blue Ray Disc - Playstation No 3 format BD-ROM, BD ROM,BD-R, BD-RE
DVD - DVD-ROM, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, AVCHD, DSD disc
CD - Playstation format CD-ROM,CD-DA (Audio CD), CD-R/RW
Also Check the regional code on the disc which should be compatible with the regional codes which can be played by the PS3
It's not asking for a specific disc, it's asking for a properly formatted PlayStation disc.
This message could mean that any one of several things has happened:
* You are trying to play a Japanese disc on a US PS2, or vice versa
* You are trying to play a game that has been copied onto a CD-R/DVD-R
* Your disc is scratched/dirty/otherwise unreadable
* Your disc isn't a format that the PS2 recognises (i.e. CD, DVD, PS CD-ROM, PS2 CD-ROM, PS2 DVD-ROM, etc)
* Your PS2 is broken
Check for any scratches on the game disc. If that doesn't work then turn off the system completely with the main power switch located on the back of the console to restart the system and try again, If somehow that doesnt work call Sony technical support so they can try to solve the problem.