Question about Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The problem most likely is the shaft on which the interlock slides back and forth on inside the transmission. The yardmachines have a continous spinning shaft which ends in a bevel gear. The is an interlock plate which is connected to the Forward Reverse shift lever, this plate slides back and forth and either engages the forward gear or the backward gear. This shaft is most likely galled up, preventing everything from sliding the way it needs to. This is not a difficult thing to fix if you are somewhat mechanical. Disassemble the transmission and check if everything slides
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
SOURCE: MTD Lawn Tractor problem
The front belt should be a 954-0280A, rear 954-0370. When you go to higher gears, the front belt should be getting tighter as the vari-speed pulley is moving further back. Remove the shift plate, put the transmission in neutral. Start the engine, put speed selector in highest gear and slowly let out on the clutch. You should be able to see what the problem is. It will do everything the same as if were in gear, except move. Make sure you have the correct belts.
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
Sounds to me like you busted a main drive belt not making any noise from the engine ? just stopped moving if this is correct then you probably looking @ around 45-50 dollars for new belt advanced auto has alot of belts for riding mowers they can assist you with replacing the correct size belt for you mtd.also they can be inexpensive as well on the price of the belts.
Posted on Jan 27, 2010
Several questions here...
1. Is the oil serviced to the full mark?
The oil level sensor can cause a no spark condition because it grounds the ignition.
2. Is there spark at the spark plug? You can remove the spark plug and test for spark but if the plug is internally grounded it will show spark when removed but if it is installed it can still be defective. (Spark Plugs are cheap replace it)
3. Is the handle safety cable loose even when depressed? A bad safety cable or an improper cable adjustment can also cause a lack of spark.
4. Do you note gas on the spark plug or is it very dry? If the spark plug is dry try adding a splash of gas into the cylinder via the spark plug hole and see if you get a temporary / momentary start. If you do then you have either a fuel supply or carb problem.
Make sure the fuel selector is in the ON position.
5. If you suspect a fuel problem disconnect the tank feed line to the carb and see if there is fuel flow from the tank, No fuel flow no start.... then problem in the gas tank or supply line.
I will post this as a solution but will watch for any responses and continue to assist you if needed.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Jun 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 31, 2016 | Mtd Yard Machines 38-Inch 12.5 HP...
Aug 11, 2014 | Mtd Yard Machines 38-Inch 12.5 HP...
May 17, 2014 | Yard Machines 13AN772S000 42-Inch 500cc...
Jul 12, 2012 | Yard Machines 155 Torque Briggs Stratton...
Apr 23, 2012 | Garden
Jul 23, 2011 | Poulan 42-Inch Steel Deck 17.5 HP Briggs &...
Jun 17, 2011 | Garden
Jan 27, 2010 | Mtd LAWN MOWER PART # 683-04163B FRAME...
Jun 28, 2009 | Mtd LAWN MOWER PART # 753-0698 KIT-DECK...
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: