Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: SC 329 code Aficio 550
SC 329: Laser Beam Pitch Adjustment Error
The LD unit home position sensor does not detect an on condition while changing the LD unit position for correcting the LD position or changing the DPI.
Instructions from the Service Manual below...
5.4.3 LASER BEAM PITCH ADJUSTMENT
There are two laser beam pitch adjustment procedures: one for 400 dpi, and one
for 600 dpi. These adjustments use the following SP modes.
· SP2-109-1: Laser Beam Pitch Adjustment – 400 dpi
· SP2-109-2: Laser Beam Pitch Adjustment – 600 dpi
· SP2-109-3: Laser Beam Pitch Initial Setting – 400 dpi
· SP2-109-4: Laser Beam Pitch Initial Setting – 600 dpi
· SP2-902-2, no.12: IPU Test Pattern – Cross Stitch – 400 dpi
· SP2-902-2, no.13: IPU Test Pattern – Cross Stitch – 600 dpi
1. Perform SP2-109-8 (Beam Pitch Data Reset).
2. Input the value for 400 dpi that is printed on the LD unit into SP2-109-1.
Use the value printed after “P” on the new LD unit as shown below.
NOTE: Do not use values printed after a “V”.
(These value numbers are on a sticker inside the machine with a UPC code on it. The numbers are just under the UPC barcode. And example number looks like this: "15980300151P: 120, 172", so the example 400 dpi value here is "120".)
3. Press the “Enter” key.
4. Perform SP2-109-3.
5. Print the 400-dpi test pattern onto A3 (11”x17”) paper using SP2-902-2 no.12
(cross stitch). (See Service Tables - Test Pattern Printing - Section 4.2.3, pasted below.)
6. Write the value of SP2-109-1 on the test pattern which was input at step 2.
7. Change the value of SP2-109-1 and print another test pattern, repeating steps
2 to 5. Print about 5 patterns with different values for SP2-109-1 (e.g. “48”, “96”,
8. Check this test pattern. If the laser beam pitch is not correct, the image looks
like a black vertical stripe pattern.
NOTE: If the laser beam pitch is correct, the vertical stripe is not so noticeable.
If the value is not correct, the vertical stripe pattern is darker.
9. Adjust the laser beam pitch position until the thin lines are of uniform thickness
(no striping effect should appear on the printout), doing steps 2, 3, and 4. (In
step 2, input a value which is estimated to be correct, then do steps 3 and 4,
then if necessary go back to step 2 and try another value.)
10. After adjusting the laser beam pitch for 400 dpi, adjust the laser beam pitch for
600 dpi, using the same procedure as for 400 dpi (use the SP modes for 600
4.2.3 TEST PATTERN PRINTING (SP2-902)
NOTE: Do not operate the machine until the test pattern is printed out completely.
Otherwise, an SC may occur.
1. Access the SP mode which contains the test pattern you need.
2. Press exit, then touch the “Copy Mode” key on the operation panel to access
the copy mode display.
3. Select the paper size.
4. Press the “Start” key to print the test pattern.
5. After checking the test pattern, exit copy mode by touching the “SP Mode” key.
Reset the test pattern to 0.
6. Exit the SP mode.
Test Pattern Table (SP2-902-2: Test Pattern Printing – IPU)
No. Test Pattern
1 Grayscale 1
2 Grayscale 2
3 Grayscale 3
4 Grayscale 4
5 Grayscale 5
6 Vertical Lines (256-greyscale) 13 Cross Stitch (600 dpi)
7 Vertical Lines (1-dot)
8 Vertical Lines (2-dot)
9 Hatch Pattern
10 Cross Pattern
11 Slant Pattern
12 Cross Stitch (400 dpi)
Test Pattern Table (SP2-902-3: Test Pattern Printing – Printing)
No. Test Pattern
1 Vertical Line (1-dot)
2 Horizontal Line (1-dot)
3 Vertical Line (2 dot)
4 Horizontal Line (2-dot)
5 Grid Pattern (Single-dot)
6 Grid Pattern (Double-dot)
7 Alternating Dot Pattern
8 Full Dot Pattern
9 Black Band
10 Trimming Area
11 Argyle Pattern
12 16 Grayscales (Horizontal)
13 16 Grayscales (Vertical)
14 16 Grayscales (Vert./Hor.)
15 16 Grayscales (Vert./Hor Overlay)
16 Not used
17 Horizontal Line (1-dot)
18 Grid Pattern (Single-dot)
19 Grid Pattern (Double-dot)
20 Alternating Dot Pattern
21 Blank Page
These adjusments listed in the manual require removal of a service panel and mechanical adjustment of the laser mounts, so it should be done by a qualified technician.
However, these test procedures can indicate whether or not this is the problem with your printer.
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
SOURCE: ERROR CODE SC329 IN AFICIO 450
Laser synchronization error
The main scan synchronization
detector board cannot detect the laser
synchronization signal for more than 5
consecutive 100 ms intervals
Posted on Jan 16, 2010
The service station cannot move. Look for pieces of paper in there. Replace if broken. It's too dirty job to take apart the service station, to clean and find what is wrong with it.
Posted on Aug 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2013 | Ricoh Aficio SP 3510SF Laser Multifunction...
Mar 14, 2013 | Televison & Video
Jul 08, 2012 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 01, 2011 | OKI C5500n Printer
Apr 14, 2011 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 01, 2011 | Ricoh Aficio MP 161 Black and White Copier
Dec 23, 2010 | Ricoh Aficio 1018 Printer
Aug 05, 2010 | HP Designjet T610 InkJet Printer
Mar 06, 2010 | Ricoh Aficio 450 Copier
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!