For nearly all Samsung Security DVRs, the default password is 4321. If it hasn't been changed since setup, then you can just use that to access the DVR. The default password is included in the reset procedures for completeness. If you have changed your password or access code for your Samsung Security DVR since it was setup, or if you changed it during the initial setup, use that password in place of the default password. The password will be the latest password that was set on the DVR. If no password has ever been set, then it will be the default.
Samsung Security DVR Reset Procedure #1
- Reset the unit to factory by pressing both [MODE] and [PTZ] button for 5 seconds
- Then enter the 4321.
Samsung Security DVR Reset Procedure #2
- Reset the unit to factory by pressing both [MODE] and [CH2] button for 5 seconds
- Then enter the 4321.
Samsung Security DVR Reset Procedure #3
This reset will work on Android
based DVRs only. All steps are performed on the device itself.
- Turn the device Off
Wait 2 minutes
Press and hold the following buttons
- The unit should power on. Once it does, you can release power.
- Use the volume UP and Down buttons to select "Wipe/Factory Reset" from the recovery menu.
- Activate the reset using the HOME button.
When the DVR goes through it's setup again, it will be at factory defaults. The password will be 4321.
Samsung Security DVR Reset Procedure #4
This reset will work on SDR models. It may also work on other models.
- With just the cameras showing, press the following in quick succession using the remote:
- Make sure you press them quickly, one after the other. If it doesn't work the first time, try doing it several times. It can take many tries to get the timing right. If/when it works, you should get a screen that gives you the option to reset.
Samsung Security DVR Reset Procedure #5
This reset will work on SDR models where procedure #4 failed. It may also work on other models.
- Press the DVR Button to place the system in DVR Mode
As with Procedure #4, you may need to press Freeze, View, and Return in in quick succession a few times to get it to work. The timing can be tricky.
These reset procedures cover many Samsung Security DVR
s, but not all. I will add reset procedures to this article as they become available to me. By design, Security DVRs are made to be secure, and not all of them can be reset by the consumer. If you have an urgent need related to your Samsung Security DVR, you should contact Samsung directly at their support page Samsung Support
, or by calling: 877-349-3149. For less urgent matters, you can email them directly at Email Samsung Support
. Support is available 7 days a week, 9:00 am - 9:00 pm EST.