- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The word COOL is displayed when the microwave goes into a cooling cycle. The cool cycle is a feature that ensures the operating components of the microwave (Inverter and Magnetron) are cooled after operation by running the fan inside the microwave.
The cooling function is activated whenever the microwave runs for over 3 minutes or is operated twice within a 10 minute period. The word COOL is displayed to tell you why the fan is still running. You do not have to wait for the cool cycle to complete before using the microwave again, simply enter the cooking operation you wish to perform and the cool cycle will stop and the microwave will perform the cooking operation you have just entered.
With a basic microwave there is a minimum of electronics and the fan starts when the oven is switched on and continues working until cooking has finished. In that case the fan is supplied from the timer and the circuit will be simple to check using a multimeter.
The more upmarket microwaves contain a great deal more electronics and the fan will continue to run after cooking has finished until the circuitry has cooled to a predetermined temperature.
In that case the the checking, fault location and rectification is probably completely beyond even most service engineers - who typically would simply replace circuit boards until the fault is cured...
All microwaves do have a "transmitter" tube called a magnetron. It has to put electrical power into microwaves. To do so it gets warm or even hot. As soon as the transmitter is to hot, it must be cooled down. Most of the time it can be cooled without a fan. But as long as the thermostat indicates it is to hot, the system will cool. Even when you switched the system off. Don't unplug the microwave when it is still hot. It could damage the magnetron.
Possible that the board is not switching off and so it is better to power off and allow the oven to cool down and then try., If the problem persists then it might be due to fault in the PCB, possible that the drive switch is short or the logic out is on. Need to confirm with a voltage check on the board before the board can be replaced. Take care as the microwave might itself be working!!
Check to see if there's a relay providing power to the fan. If there is, the contacts might be sticking in the closed position. Assuming that this is an over-the-range unit, disconnecting the vent fan completely might not be a good idea as heat/steam from foods cooking on the range would more likely damage the microwave.
In most modern combination microwave ovens, if not all, there is a fan that comes on after use to cool the magnetron and cavity down. This is quite normal but if you still have doubts, contact Kenwood's web site and send them a question. Hope this halps to put your mind at rest.