Question about Universal Remote Control MX-3000 LCD Touchscreen Remote Control
My mx 3000 just fell on the floor and now the screen has a big crack in it. Of course it no longer responds to touch as a result although it turns on and off. Is this the end of the unit? Or is is fixable?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: mx-3000 just froze up
You open up the back of the unit and "unplug" the battery. Once you plug it back in immediately, the unit will recycle through the startup and work FINE.
Posted on Mar 22, 2008
SOURCE: mx 3000 universal lcd remote
There are 4 reasons why your unit is behaving this way:
1. Charger is the problem.
2. The docking station is the broken.
3. The battery is broken or not accepting charge.
4. The actual unit is the problem.
It is very hard to tell which one is causing this to happen.
Let us do some troubleshooting first:
1. Plug your charger in an A/C outlet and make sure the red power light (left) is lit, otherwise the charger or the docking station is broken.
2. You can test the charger with a multimeter. Unplug the charger from the docking station and measure the voltage across the outside and inside, it should register more than 5 volts DC. If there is a 5Volt DC the docking station is the problem otherwise the charger is broken.
3. If the red power light is lit and the status light (right) is lit too, your docking station is broken.
4. If the red power light is lit, dock the unit into the charger, the status light (left) should turn red when your battery is accepting charge or turn blue when your battery is fully charged.
5. If the status light will not lit at all (while the red power light is on), tap the screen while the unit is docked on the charger. If the unit will become alive, you need a new battery otherwise you need a new unit.
12 hours is very long time to charge, the status light should turn to blue in less than 2 hours especially for a new battery.
Posted on Aug 31, 2008
I have the same problem and phoned Sevenoaks sound and vision 01892 531543. Cost of new battery is approximately 70 pounds + 5 pounds P&P. I have ordered the battery lets see how long it takes them to deliver the product.
Posted on Nov 21, 2008
SOURCE: MX3000 Battery replacement
My company carries a replacement battery for the MX3000. The p/n for our replacement is PC036067-(V1 or V3 suffix) You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to help you.
There are three important considerations concerning this battery.
1) Please note that the original version, supplied by Universal Remote p/n PC046067-H for the MX-3000, was discontinued by the battery manufacturer. The PC046067-H had a typical capacity of 1800 mah. My company has worked with the manufacturer to provide a replacement that has a typical capacity of 1400 mah but is identical in size to the original although slightly thinner.
2) Universal Remote used two different connectors on the PC046067-H with no deviation of p/n. We carry our replacement with both connectors (our p/ns use suffix V1 and V3 to differentiate). V1 is a simple white plug and V3 is different in that it has pressure tab built in.
Posted on Apr 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2010 | Universal Remote Control MX-3000 LCD...
Jan 11, 2010 | Universal Remote Control MX-3000 LCD...
Mar 22, 2009 | Universal Remote Control MX-3000 LCD...
Feb 03, 2009 | Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3000...
Jan 19, 2009 | Universal Remote Control MX-3000 LCD...
Dec 17, 2008 | Universal Remote Control MX-3000 LCD...
Feb 07, 2008 | Universal Remote Control MX-3000 LCD...
Dec 31, 2007 | Universal Remote Control MX-3000 LCD...
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert