Question about Vacuums
- dirt in the moving parts (clean the brushes and area )
- broken gear in the brush?
Posted on Oct 17, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hello, W/D here.
Since the brush will not spin, but the motor works, either the belt has come off of the motor shaft, the belt is worn past it's useful life, or the beater bar has seized.
1. Turn off the power (unplug).
2. Remove the bottom plate. With the plate off, use your finger to test the tension of the belt. It should be tight, and roll when you roll the beater bar by hand.
3. Remove the beater bar and belt. Inspect the beater bar, particularly by the bearings. Remove any twine, hair, etc.
4. Inspect the belt for abnormal wear. If there is any significant wear in the belt, replace it.
5. Reassembly is in the reverse order. Place the belt on the beater bar. While holding the beater bar close to it's position, place the belt on the motor shaft. Rotate the beater bar bearings to their proper position and install the beater bar. Replace the cover plate.
Best regards, --W/D--
Posted on Jan 29, 2011
Open and check for belt damage. Also make sre there isn't debris causing this error.
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 05, 2014 | Hoover Vacuums
Sep 30, 2014 | Electrolux EL8807A Precision BrushRoll...
Apr 21, 2014 | Electrolux EL8807A Precision BrushRoll...
Feb 02, 2014 | Electrolux EL8807A Precision BrushRoll...
Dec 25, 2013 | Electrolux EL8807A Precision BrushRoll...
Jan 12, 2013 | Electrolux Vacuums
Dec 07, 2009 | Electrolux Lux 7000 Bagged Canister Vacuum
Apr 16, 2009 | Electrolux Centralux Vacuum
Aug 18, 2017 | Hoover Vacuums
493 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!