Question about Frigidaire Refrigerators
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If there is a reset button on your ice maker try pushing it. Many ice makers have two holes for reset. A general rule of thumb is if the ice maker fingers are stopped in a slightly vertical position then your ice maker unit is working. If the fingers are stopped anywhere else then it needs some sort of attention or replaced. Make sure there is water, or ice in the ice maker tray, if not then the problem is with water supply.
Posted on Nov 29, 2008
The auger motor and coupling in the rear may be frozen and won't turn.
Remove the ice bin.
Place a screwdriver or similar device in the forks of the auger and twist counterclockwise till it moves. The replace the ice bin and try again.
It will be difficult to move.
If that does not work. Turn off the fridge and use a hair dryer to hrat the auger gear and motor till it frees up.
Posted on Mar 23, 2009
The water line freezes inside the freezer door. There is now an add-on water line heater you can install to thaw the line.
Posted on May 22, 2009
Take off the back panel in the freezer. 1/4" screws. Use a nut driver or ratchet and socket with an extension.
2. Behind the frost is the evaporator and the defrost heaters. One heater in the middle and one at the bottom. They are glass tubes. If you can see the bottom heater that is great. If not use a hair dryer and defrost only the very bottom to expose the lower heater only.
3. Now in the refrigerator section at the top where the controls are, take off the long plastic piece to expose the timer. The timer should be on the right hand side and have a little circle that is slotted. Get a flat screwdriver and turn that timer slowly clockwise just until it clicks and the refrigerator turns off. This will put it into defrost.
4. Now look at that heater that you exposed and see if it glows and gets hot. If it does, then the timer is bad.
5. If the heater doesn't come on then go ahead and defrost the rest of the evaporator with the hair dryer. This will take a little while. Don't poke at the evaporator!!!
6. Once totally defrosted look at both heaters. They should look like clear glass and see a silver coil running thru them. If they look discolored at all then the heaters are bad. The heaters come as a complete assembly with the defrost thermostat which clips onto the evaporator.
7. If the heaters look ok the only way to know for sure if they are bad is to check continuity with a meter on the plug at the end of their wiring harness. If you can check that then you can splice in a new defrost thermostat to solve the problem. However the best thing to do is replace the heaters and defrost thermostat . It is easy to install.
Follow these steps and this will solve your problem.
Hope this helpout......
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 23, 2014 | Electrolux Icon 22.6 cu. ft. Counter-Depth...
Apr 30, 2013 | GE Profile 23.3 Cu. Ft. Counter-Depth...
Feb 22, 2013 | Electrolux Wave-Touch Series EW23BC71IS...
Oct 17, 2011 | KitchenAid 20.3 cu.ft. Counter-Depth...
maker not working: ---
Its the problem of water inlet valve. It's a
dual valve. This valve has two tubes in it. One for water dispenser and one
for ice maker chamber. The one side of valve is working, but other side of the
valve is not working. The valve is got stuck in one position
Click this link below to troubleshoot the
This will help. Thanks. Helpmech.
Sep 18, 2011 | Refrigerators
Apr 25, 2010 | Electrolux Icon 22.6 cu. ft. Counter-Depth...
Apr 24, 2010 | Electrolux Icon 22.6 cu. ft. Counter-Depth...
Apr 23, 2010 | GE Profile 23.3 Cu. Ft. Counter-Depth...
Apr 20, 2010 | Electrolux Icon 22.6 cu. ft. Counter-Depth...
Aug 17, 2017 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!