Question about Computers & Internet
How to reset the router
There should be a tiny reset button at back of the device. turn it on, and hold it for at least 5 seconds. the led should blink indicating reset being done. let it settle for a few minutes. after reset, you should be able to search for the default wifi ssid name.
Posted on Oct 16, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
All you need is your ISP log-in name and password.
Connect the router to your computer with an ethernet cable, log into its web server (generally 192.168.0.1) Get past the gatekeeper (admin and admin) and then navigate to the set-up page and re-enter your ISP info. That normally is all there is to it.
Posted on Nov 21, 2009
there's an easy way to reset your router back to its factory setting... inspect the physical appearance of your router... there should be s small hole.... inside that small hole is a reset button
How to reset? ..... while the router is on...Using a small pointing object, much better if you use a paper clip..... insert the paper clip to the hole... press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds...
That's it your router will restart itself and the settings is back to its factory settings...
Hope that help you..
Much appreciated if you rate this help... thanks
Posted on May 22, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 05, 2016 | D-Link Computers & Internet
Dec 06, 2012 | Computers & Internet
and got to www.google.com In the google search box type: "Dlink
Support" (without the quotes and put your manufacturer name before Support).
Look for downloads and drivers. Enter your model number and operating
system when requested. Look for Manuals.
The IP address to put in your browser to get into the router is: 192.168.0.1
The default userid is: admin
There is not default password, so leave it blank.
Jun 05, 2012 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
Mar 30, 2012 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Mar 04, 2012 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
May 19, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Mar 31, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 19, 2008 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!