Question about Computers & Internet
The hard drive is an IDE drive. that indicates aging. theres high probabilty of its failing.
Posted on Oct 16, 2013
Testimonial: "I think I should buy new hard drive because it was my antique hard drive from my very old computer ."
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Thanks for your responses...
I've pretty much decided that it must be a hardware problem within the harddrive itself...Can anyone lead me in the right direction to maybe take out the harddrive to put into another external shell in order to hopefully recover my data? Again I'm using a Seagate Freeagent Desktop 500GB external harddrive.
Posted on Jul 24, 2009
Just because this starts with the same steps as other solutions does not mean it ends with the same fix.
1. Click Start
2. Right Click Computer: Select Manage.
3. The Computer Management Dialog box will appear.
4. Select the Disk Management Icon located in the right pane of the Computer Management Dialog box.
NOTE: Under volume you will NOT see the Seagate Drive.
5. underneath the volume pane you will see Disk 0, Disk1 and so forth. look for the Seagate drive ... mine was Disk 2.
6. Right Click on the Drive: Select Properties.
7. The "Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex USB Device Properties" will apear. Select the Driver tab.
8. Select the Uninstall Button.
9. Unplug your Seagate external hard drive and plug it back in. This should re-install the Drivers and it should work like it use to.
P.S. Sorry for the bad grammar\spelling.
Posted on Oct 09, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 05, 2013 | Seagate U6 (ST340810A) 40 GB Hard Drive
Dec 13, 2010 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro Desktop - 320GB -...
Nov 17, 2010 | Seagate 500GB USB 20 5400RPM Portable 500...
Oct 06, 2010 | Seagate FreeAgent Go 250 GB USB 2.0 Hard...
Nov 29, 2009 | Seagate Computers & Internet
Feb 21, 2009 | ASUS P5GD1-VM Motherboard
Sep 17, 2008 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380011A 80 GB...
Feb 01, 2008 | Seagate (9W2041-337) 40 GB Hard Drive
Jun 18, 2018 | GE Computers & Internet
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!