Question about Televison & Video
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This turned out to be due to weirdness in my laptop's onboard graphics card. If I set the external monitor to display the way an external monitor usually does, as a clone of the laptop screen, the videos show up blank. But if I set it as dual-screen (extend my desktop to this monitor) and drag the video app onto the second monitor, it works fine.
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
"will converting an avi extension file to wmv make it work on a dvd player??"
No, a DVD player uses .VOB files
"I have a Philips GoGear SA 3020 and it only supports wmv files. Can I somehow convert an avi extension to wmv?"
Your device is only 2GB so it won't hold a lot of video content but wmv files are generally smaller then .avi.
Go to http://www.videohelp.com/guides?searchtext=&tools=&madeby=&formatconversionselect=AVI+to+WMV&howtoselect=%3B&orderby=Date&listall=1&hits=25&archive=0&search=Search+or+List+Guides
That will give you a place to start. Have fun :)
Posted on Feb 13, 2009
Switch the Player to MTP Mode instead.
• The USB mode uses a file transfer class called the MSC (Mass Storage Class). This was developed as a way for files to be transferred onto an external drive such as a flash drive or an external hard drive.
• In this mode, your mp3 player will look and function like an external hard drive in that it will appear in My Computer as a separate drive. This transfer class is not very specific to the transfer of media files so the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) was introduced.
• The difference with media files, specifically music files, is that they demand much more management.
• Downloading services can require special licensing and a limit on the number of playbacks a music file can have.
• The acquisition, restoration, updating, and backing up of these licenses as well as compatibility issues with file type and compression ratio within these digital music players demanded a more user-friendly and functional approach to file transfers.
• For this reason, you will need to have Windows Media Player 10 or 11 available on your computer to utilize MTP.
• Those with Windows Media Player 9 on their Windows 98 SE, Windows Millennium Edition, and Windows 2000 operating system will need to update using our Download Center.
• We recommend the use of MTP over MSC (the USB mode on your player) because it is more specific to the transfer of music files. To change this setting, press the power button on your device once it’s connected to the computer until the USB icon disappears.
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
You need to play these files on VLC or in Media Player Classic. You can play almost any media file through them.
If you don't have any then you can download VLC media player from the following links:
for windows os zip file 16mb: http://videolan.cdn.cacheboy.net/vlc/0.9.9/win32/vlc-0.9.9-win32.exe
& for mac 19mb: http://mirror.leaseweb.com/pub/software/videolan/vlc/0.9.9a/macosx/vlc-0.9.9a-intel.dmg
And if you want media player classic here is a link to download it: http://mirror01.x264.nl/x264/mpc2kxp6490.zip (212mb)
If these players cant play your files then might not have given enough time to download your torrent or must have downloaded corrupt file.
Posted on Apr 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2016 | Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders
on Mar 29, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 08, 2014 | Televison & Video
Aug 14, 2010 | LG 42LE5500 42 in. TV
Mar 17, 2010 | Konica Minolta DiMAGE G530 Digital Camera
Jan 22, 2010 | XO Vision EM104VID MP3 Player
Dec 28, 2009 | LG 37LC5DC 37 in. LCD Television
May 06, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!