I have server 2008 r2 and i want to set up on the network but i would like to use my i phone to view my server
First you'll need to make sure that remote access is enabled on the server.
1. Log into the server and open the start menu
2. In the search box type in "remote settings" without the quotes and hit enter
3. In the bottom section of the window that pops up, make sure that the option that says "Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure)" is selected.
4. If you make any changes, hit the Apply button
5. While you have this window open, click the Computer Name tab and write down the text that appears are "Full computer name:" You'll need this to connect to the server.
You'll also need an RDP program for your iPhone. If you are looking for a free RDP app, I recommend Remote Desktop Lite - RDP by MochaSoft. Once you've downloaded and installed the RDP program on your iPhone, open it and follow the directions below to get connected to your server.
1. Tap the connect option on the app's main screen
2. On the next screen tap on the "New..." option
3. You might get a popup about needing the computer name or IP address, just hit ok
4. Tap on PC address and enter the name you wrote down in the earlier steps.
5. Leave PC Port alone
6. In the PC User cell, enter the user name you use when logging into the server
7. In the PC Password cell, enter the password for the user that you entered in the previous step.
8. Leave Mac Address along
9. Enter a name for the connection if you want to. This will be the name that you see on subsequent uses of the program.
10. The rest of the settings are optional, so you can play around with them to see what they do.
11. Once you're done, tap the back button on the upper left corner of the screen. You'll be taken back one screen and see the connection that you just set up. Tap it and the connection will launch.
Mar 01, 2011 |
Computers & Internet