Question about Emerson Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I had a power surge and it blew the fuse - Emerson Microwave Ovens

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 2,113 Answers

Open it an check the thermal cutouts for an open circuit and for burned wires if you don't find any just replace the fuse. The usual cause is the magnetron and an aging capacitor. I save every microwave people throw out to get the magnetrons... i always seem to have the correct size, bolt pattern, fin pattern etc to repair a microwave fast. With the glut of brand new microwaves for $40 or so at Walmart or other places no-one seems to want my repaired microwaves but i love fixing them anyway.

Posted on Oct 16, 2013

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

Where are the fuses in my microwave oven,?


Inside behind the display panel on a small circuit board.

Jan 01, 2013 | Magic Chef MCO160UB Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Panasonic NN-S540BF where is the fuse?


There will of course be a fuse in the plug, but also there will be a fast-blow specialist glass fuse inside the machine, mounted on or around the transformer. You will have to take the cover off the microwave and expose its innards to find this.

Food for thought:

This is supposed to be a professional operation not to be taken on by unqualified people

If you ARE going to do it, unplug from the mains before you start!

Take the fuse to your local electrical shop, you wont get one of these fuses from a supermarket

Ask yourself why it blew? There is a tiny chance it was a coinidental mains power surge. Far more likely that it blew because it needed to, because the tarnsformer has become faulty.

If you replace the fuse, be prepared for a 50/50 chance that it will just blow the new fuse straight away because it has an electrical fault (That you will not be able to repair, believe me!)

Finally, if you take a microwave apart, you should have it safety checked for leaking microwave energy after.

This is one of those "you shouldn't really do this yourself, but lots of people do" warnings. Proceed at your own risk.

Jun 23, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My GE Spacemaker 2.0 over the counter microwave just died. No lights or anything.


Hi, It sounds like the internal fuse blew. To get to it, the case has to come off the unit and its located close to where the power cord ties in. With any and all microwaves, It is a good idea to put a surge protector on the plug to plug microwave into. Hope this helps.

Jan 18, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I had a power surge from the supply line which blew a few lightbulbs and the microwave went "pop". An internal fuse is my guess. If it is how do I access it? Thanks.


Disconnect it from the supply and remove the cover. Follow the mains lead through the rear of the appliance and up to the fuse.
Hope fully that is all it will be.
Good luck.

Nov 04, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Our sylvania microwave model sr11092b received a power surge that blew the internal fuse and would not run (it also fried the power converter in my rv)\r\nReplaced power converter, replaced internal fuse...


I had the EXACT same symptoms with my Sylvania SR1109sb after a power surge.
After some digging around I thought what the heck let me try holding down the Reset button and do a power off/on cycle and what do you know it worked !!!
Just pressing the Reset did nothing until the cycle off and on.
Ron W.

Jun 11, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Frigidere PLMV169DCD


You most likely had a power surge and blew a fuse. First unplug the unit,then remove the top grill. There will either be one screw on top of the control pad or 2 on the left side. open the control panel and look for a fuse that has a ceramic center and replace it with a 20 amp one. You can find these at the hardware store

Jan 31, 2009 | Frigidaire PLMV169DC Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Blown Microwave


Most likely a shorted capacitor and a blown fuse. Very common problem on that model.

Jul 16, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

GEJE2160 Stop Working


It probably blew the main power fuse in side the oven. This may have happen because of a failure in the microwave or a line voltage surge or what ever. Repalce the fuse and see if it work. be sure to unplug it before doing this, If this does not fix it then you have a failure in the oven some were.
good luck

May 16, 2008 | GE JVM1850 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave Trips Breaker and Blows Fuse when not in Use


Since the internal fuse blew, the problem has to be either a surge from the power source, or an intermittent or transient short at some point beyond the fuse. With the unit unplugged, I would first look at the varistor (surge absorber) on the control circuit board to see if it might have taken a transient. It may look charred, distorted, etc. Then I would look at the door interlock switches and mounts to see if the switches are clicking properly and if they are aligned and secure. The purpose of the monitor switch is to blow the fuse (and usually the breaker) if there is aan interlokc problem. Next would be a look at the condition of the wiring from the fuse holder all the way back to the power cord. Then just for good measure, I would test the power outlet. A toaster is a good high-current load to use. But I don't think the problem's in the wiring or breaker. If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety and disassembly info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk You can find the wiring diagram, helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your base model number (without the suffix) here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383 Be sure to use a proper ceramic appliance fuse that's meant for the job.

Mar 13, 2007 | Jenn-Air JMC7000 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Possible power surge?


Sounds like you got a surge which damaged the control panel. This is the most likely thing. We regularly repair these control panels nationwide for $32.50. A fuse is designed protect against excessive current. But if you have excessive voltage (a surge or spike), it can be so fast that it gets past the fuse and damages the control panel without actually blowing it. While the panel does have surge protection to keep that surge from actually destroying the control panel, the panel is damaged and will have to be repaired. If any power line connections were broken or are suspect, I hope you have contacted the power company. Either way, I would test any affected outlets to be sure the neutral and ground are present so the voltage output is within the proper range.

Nov 16, 2006 | Samsung MW5351G Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

25 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Emerson Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1667 Answers

Are you an Emerson Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...