Question about Toro Lawn Mower With Toro Power Tools
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Your self-propel is probably belt driven. Belts can make an awfully lot of noise when unhappy. Possible it has rolled over and is running on the wrong side of the belt or is worn and just needs replaced. Hope this helps.,
Posted on Jun 19, 2009
SOURCE: mower will not start
Hi and welcome to FixYa. I am Kelly. Sounds like your in need of a serious carb cleaning session:
You engine parts manual is here: http://www.briggsandstratton.com/maint_repair/manual_and_more/docmanualdetails.aspx?showpdf=ms2143_B_LO.pdf
Now lets go through carb cleaning:
Before you start.... if you have a digital camera take "close up" PICTURES of the linkages and springs attaching to the carb. If this is your first time you will be so glad you did. You can always delete them later if you don't need them. :)
Here is what you need to do:
1. Fuel selector off
2. Remove float bowl mounting screws and nut
3. Localte the Air fuel Jet on the side of the carb and count the number of turns it takes to close the Jet adjustment until it is just snug.
4. Remove the Jet / Orifice in side of Carb (spring on screw stem)
5. Using a catch fuel container turn on the fuel selector. Fuel should flow at a good rate. GENTLY lift the float assy level and make sure fuel flow shuts off. When you drop the float again fuel should flow.
If you do not have fuel flow at this point the needle and seat will need to be inspected. Fuel selector OFF.
(The following procedure is to be done only if there is no fuel flow with fuel selector on.)
a. Remove the float pivot pin.
b. Drop the Float down (The needle will come off with the float. NOTE the position)
c. Inspect the tapered rubber of the needle valve It should be pointed. If it is not pointed then the rubber tip is stuck inside the seat.
d. Clean the seat hole ONLY if obstructed. (Easily damaged)
e. FUEL Selector on then off fuel should rapidly flow through the needle seat.
f. Renistall Float and needle making sure to get the pivot / hinge pin installed correctly
g. Fuel selector ON. Raise and lower float checking for free movement with fuel flow when lowered and stopped when the float is raised level.
6. If there still is no fuel flow at this point remove the fuel hose from the carb and check fuel flow. If no flow check that gas tank exit hole, fuel filter (if installed) and the selector valve assy for obstructions.
FUEL FLOW IS GOOD
NOTE: If you have carb cleaner spray it into the side needle jet hole.
7. Install air fuel mixture needle jet in the side of the carb. Turn until closed and then back of the same number of turns it took to initially close it snug before removal.
8. BEFORE you install the float bowl inspect the bowl nut. There are holes in the side of the nut where it screws in to the bottom of the carb that must be clear. (could be no holes in yours)
9. Install Float bowl mounting screws and nut. Check for leaks.
10. Test engine.
That should do it.
NOTE: This engine was made with 2 different carbs. One had a choke the other had a primer bulb. If the primer bulb has a hole in it the engine will start then die after a few seconds.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
There are a couple of things you can check;
First, check to make sure the bendix is engaging. It is the gear that meshes with the fly wheel.
If it is, then try and see how fast the motor is spinning. Don't look at the blade though. It could be a faulty starter motor.
Make sure to also check the battery voltage with a volt meter. It should read at 12.0 or higher.
Posted on Mar 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2016 | Toro Garden
Jul 21, 2014 | Toro Lawn Mower. 22 in. Personal Pace with...
Apr 30, 2013 | Toro Lawn Mower. 22 in. Personal Pace with...
Oct 02, 2012 | Toro 22 in. Personal Pace with Blade Stop...
Aug 29, 2012 | Toro Lawn Mower. 22 in. Personal Pace with...
May 01, 2012 | Toro Personal Pace CARB Walk Power Mower
Aug 06, 2017 | Garden
May 29, 2011 | Ford LTD Cars & Trucks
Sep 12, 2009 | Toro Lawn Mower With Toro Power Tools
Jun 21, 2017 | Toro Lawn Mower With Toro Power Tools
1,201 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: