Question about Televison & Video
The power supply section of the tv needs a voltage rectifier or diode or similar possibly there is a fuse inside but there must have been a reason for it blowing. Usually aging electrolytic capacitors are the cause
Posted on Oct 15, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I succeeded is using the DirectTV remote control for the Emerson 42" plasma TV, by using a Samsung code. On my TV, was 10060. If this one does not work, there are a bunch of others that might work. Good luck
Posted on Dec 31, 2009
SOURCE: i have a 19 inch
More than the tv power supply board have problems in this tv,don't know yet.But the whinning sound,the power supply board is dead.Tries websites like Shopjimmy.com,Ebay.com to buy a refurbish power supply board for the replacement.First must see how it turn out.
Posted on Dec 08, 2010
SOURCE: my emerson tv won't turn on
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buyand try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in thisphoto.
Posted on Jun 02, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2017 | Emerson Televison & Video
Aug 25, 2015 | Emerson Eeon LC320EM3F 32" LCD TV...
Sep 08, 2013 | Televison & Video
Jul 19, 2013 | Emerson LC320EM9 32 HDTV LCD TV
Dec 10, 2012 | Emerson SLC195EM8 LCD TV
Dec 08, 2010 | Emerson LD195EM8 19 in. LCD TV
Sep 19, 2009 | Emerson LC320EM8 32 in. LCD TV
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!