Question about Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Tripping of circuit breaker
Check what other appliances are on your circuit. What goes off when the breaker is tripped. You may need to relocate the microwave to a different circuit. Try to stay away from the refrigerator or AC circuits.
Posted on Nov 03, 2007
SOURCE: Microwave keeps blowing fuse
If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.
If it blows the fuse as soon as it's plugged in, you probably have a shorted door switch, a shorted varistor, or an internally exposed wire shorting to the chassis, etc.
Posted on Nov 19, 2007
Since power = voltage X current, 1.58kW / 120VAC = 13.166A
So this unit should be fine on a 15A breaker unless the breaker is bad, the wiring or a connection is loose somewhere between the breaker and the microwave, or the microwave's magnetron or high voltage transformer are failing and drawing extra current.
Microwaves should really be on the own separate breaker if at all possible. Plus, the more a breaker trips, the more work out it gets.
Have you measured the voltage at the outlet? If that's off, current and power will be affected. It should be about 110-125VAC.
A good power test for outlet and wiring integrity is a toaster, toaster oven, or hair dryer rated at about 1500 watts.
If it doesn't run and heat steadily, then there may be a problem with the house wiring or breaker.
If it passes this test, the problem is likely in the microwave.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
check your thermal fuse its about 2 inches long white on the outside black on the inside it has 2 wires going to it check for
cotinuity becareful of the capacitor you need to disapate that first by touching the two teminals together with a screw driver
Posted on Apr 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 06, 2015 | In Microwave Ovens
Apr 14, 2014 | LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven
Either you have defected (weak) circuit breaker and wiring or bad Microwave oven.
The 99.99 % house hold Microwave ovens pull less than 15 Amps. They may have internal ceramic 15A fuse or 15 Amp internal circuit breaker.
To isolate your problem:
Plug your Microwave oven to different areas (different electrical circuit) if the different circuit breaker still trips... your Microwave oven has a short - Most of them has a small ceramic fuse 15 amps fuse.-also check some inter lock switches at door .
If the Microwave oven works Ok then you may have:
2a. You may overload the existing electrical circuit, try to unplug some other appliances
2b. You may have bad electrical outlet receptacle (Replace it with the same type , - may need helps from licensed electrician)
2c. Weak or defect house hold circuit breaker. (Replace it with the same type , brand - may need helps from licensed electrician)
Jan 24, 2014 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens
Circuit Breakers do weaken over usage. It is not usually a time factor as much as a load factor. Each time a circuit breaker trips, it loses its ability to carry the same load as it did previously. In other words, a 15 amp breaker only carries the ability to carry 15 amps once. I recommend replacing the circuit breaker with one that has a matching rating. If you do feel up sizing is necessary, check the load rating of the appliances to make sure the additional size really is necessary. Increasing power to appliances that shouldn't need it increases the risks of potential electrical fires and masking real issues. Try changing it with higher amp breakers.
Please accept the solution if it's helpful. Do get back to us for any further query.
Thanks for contacting fixya.com
Sep 27, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 23, 2010 | Maytag Microwave Ovens
Jan 06, 2010 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
Feb 04, 2009 | Samsung MW5351G Microwave Oven
Jan 18, 2008 | Emerson MW8107WA Microwave Oven
Sep 25, 2017 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!