Question about Cooktops

1 Answer

Replacement Knobs for 60's Universal Chef- Waste King Universal

I have a 60's Universal Chef- Waste King Universal Gas Cooktop. I need replacement knobs, grates, and burners. Having a hard time finding them.

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • Carol Banyard Aug 06, 2013

    Did you ever find replacement knobs? I am having the same

  • Carol Banyard Aug 27, 2013

    No still looking. I have 2 but need 2 more.

  • Anonymous Mar 15, 2014

    How to run wiring for a 60's waste king universal cook top


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I have an old Universal Chef stove - we are replacing - it is probably a mid to late 60's - the oven pan is warped - otherwise it works fine - burners, knobs, grates etc. are good - willing to let go cheap - contact Chester Koch 573-898-5508 (Elsberry, MO)

Posted on Sep 30, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a magic chef oven the model number is 439w 3w, i need new burner knobs and oven thermostat knob, i need help trying to find them. Can you please help.

Hello, Thank You for using FixYa. I will be helping you today.Assuming the model is correct here you go
Thank You and please rate my answer if it was helpful..

Jun 19, 2011 | Magic Chef 30 in. 8241RT Gas Cooktop

1 Answer

I need 4 replacement knobs and I cannot find them!! Please help

Hi and welcome to FixYa, I am Kelly. I am assuming that your model number is MGC5430 as listed in your post. If not use this link to find them by entering your model number:
(just note that there are 2 to 5 digits missing from your model number)
See this page:
It brings up the following models:
arrow_link.gif MGC5430ADB SURFACE UNIT- GAS arrow_link.gif MGC5430ADC SURFACE UNIT- GAS arrow_link.gif MGC5430ADQ SURFACE UNIT- GAS arrow_link.gif MGC5430ADW SURFACE UNIT- GAS arrow_link.gif MGC5430BDB SURFACE UNIT- GAS arrow_link.gif MGC5430BDB20 36`` GAS COOKTOP arrow_link.gif MGC5430BDQ SURFACE UNIT- GAS arrow_link.gif MGC5430BDS SURFACE UNIT- GAS arrow_link.gif MGC5430BDS20 36`` GAS COOKTOP arrow_link.gif MGC5430BDW SURFACE UNIT- GAS arrow_link.gif MGC5430BDW21 30`` GAS COOKTOP
I used the MAYTAG MGC5430BDB20 as a reference and the BLACK knob is item 6 this link: Detailed view is here: If you need more assistance please respond with a complete model number and I will use other sources to loate your knobs. Thanks for choosing FixYa, Kelly

Jan 05, 2011 | Maytag MGC5430 Gas Cooktop

1 Answer

I have a Chef 4 burner gas cooktop probably at least 10 years old. I need to replace 3 burner knobs. One works fine. Where can I find replacements? I live near Perth, Western Australia.

In the US, there is a parts distributor with locations all over the country. Their number is 1-800-482-6022. They have four of your burner knobs (part number 74001253) in stock in the Fresno, California warehouse. The cost per knob is $9.27 US. I can't say how much the shipping would be, but they use UPS and FED EX.
Good luck....and good day.

Nov 18, 2010 | Magic Chef 30 in. 8241RT Gas Cooktop

2 Answers

I cannot REPLACEMENT KNOBS fOR model # 5D02

This company has your knobs.

May 23, 2009 | Jenn-Air JED8430 Electric Cooktop

1 Answer

All 4 burners keep firing although the knobs are in the "off" position

It actually stopped doing it all by itself while we were waiting for a solution.

May 16, 2009 | Magic Chef 30 in. 8241RT Gas Cooktop

1 Answer

Where in VA do you get replacement rings for DACOR SGM365S burner knobs. These are the rings that go around the control knobs?

Appliance Parts Depot in TX. Look it up. Please contact me if you need further help and leave feedback. Thanks for letting me help you!

Dec 01, 2008 | Dacor Preference SGM365SS Gas Cooktop

1 Answer

DACOR SGM365S 5-Burner

Appliance Parts Depot in TX- look them up. Please contact me if you need further help and leave feedback. Thanks for letting me help you!

Dec 01, 2008 | Dacor Preference SGM365SS Gas Cooktop

1 Answer

Maytag cooktop

Unplug unit and allow to dry. You can remove knobs and dry under the knobs with hairdryer. If still clicks you need to replace spark switches behind knobs.

Nov 22, 2007 | Maytag MGC6536 Gas Cooktop

1 Answer

Jennair CCG2523 Gas Cooktop

igniters fire continully any time knobs are on, even after burners
are lighted.

Sep 18, 2007 | Jenn-Air 36 in. CCG2523 Gas Cooktop

1 Answer


Dawnie, under each burner control there is a valve and a switch. One of your switches has either become wet or shorted out. This is why it's clicking. Sometimes grease gets in them and causes this problem. The part number for the switch is 7403p367-60. You can look it up on the net to see what Im talking about. Not a hard fix. back.

Sep 24, 2006 | Magic Chef 30 in. 8241RT Gas Cooktop

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cooktops Logo

Related Topics:

1,854 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cooktops Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers


Level 3 Expert

75834 Answers


Level 3 Expert

2464 Answers

Are you a Cooktop Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides