Hi my machine has problems,Ok the water doesnt seem to drip verry well from the pressurize portafilter, it litely drips the water stays in the filter, then i noticed that water was coming out of the screws under where the portafilter is. could this be the g.h gasket?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you want between 94 and 96C for water temp and you want 13.8 kg tamp pressure you want extraction to commence at most 9sec into button press an to pour like room tmp honey would. Drip drip start is okay at times but should start to flow by about 10 additional secs in you want it to extract with about 9.5bar pressure and you want to stop full shot extraction by the third colour change no longer than 4 sec of blonding or tigerstriping what eva u wanna call it.
sounds like your element needs to be changed out/is shagged or you have a leak in a weld any leeks water or steam take off housing an inspect
Remove portafilter, shower and screw and run the head. Did you get a nice steady flow or a weak drip. If a weak drip then the solenoid or the metering jet on the head is blocked and needs to be cleaned. If you get a nice flow the adjust the grind on the coffee to coarser.
I have a brand new Via that never worked right out of the box. Could barely get any espresso to come through the portafilter. Got a new portafilter and the espresso now flies out of the machine beautifully. Seems they are shipping units with faulty portafilter. Bad news is a new portafilter is like $65. See if you can get them to give you a new one. I had the same issue as you, very little espessso comes out.
1) The coffee you are using may not be ground finely enough to provide a proper extraction time, resulting in water rushing through the ground coffee much too quickly. Think of it like water running through a handful of pebbles as opposed to a handful of sand. You want "sandier" coffee.
2) Your gasket (the rubber part that seals the portafilter to the group head) may be worn/damaged and is leaking water when you are brewing. Attempt to contact FF! or Saeco to secure a replacement gasket. When you are not using the machine, don't tighten the portafilter all the way in to the head, either leave it completely disengaged or only loosely attached. This saves wear on the gasket.
3) Your brew water may be too hot. Purge your boiler right before brewing by running water into a bowl without the portafilter locked in. After a few seconds the superheated water will be run out and you're ready to brew.