Question about Solis Master 5000 Espresso Machine
Kim, I'd like to know what you found out from Solis support. I have the same really bad leaking problem. When I dismantled the cover and peered inside I saw what appeared to be white stuff (perhaps lime buildup)on the outside of the pump. I descale every 3 months. I wonder if perhaps the my gasket is bad, too??? You may find this following article about this repair interesting. http://www.coffeegeek.com/proreviews/detailed/master5kdigital/twoyear
Posted on Oct 05, 2007
Solis now has customer service center in Victor, NY. There phone number is 877-855-4540. They bought out Cafe West. Their email is email@example.com My machine is being shipped to them now for repairs.
Posted on Nov 29, 2007
Your boiler is leaking probably because you did not descale your machine our you did it incorrectly. Most people think their water is OK but there is mineral in all water and the bad mineral if your water taste sweet. Descale solution will react with the gaskets in your boiler if the machine stays hot during the descale process. It turns the gaskets hard and you can tell if it has been descaled hot because it turns the gasket white and brittle. Warranty usually does not cover a machine that has not been descaled properly or especially not at all.
A little heat won't hurt the gasket during descaling process, but don't leave the machine on when you do it. There is a program in the machine for descaling but I don't like to use it because it doesn't get any descaler in the injector and if that gets plugged up you won't get any water through the brew unit.
The white stuff is scale and its the boiler that is scaled and if you have it on the outside you have a lot more inside. When you descale you desolve the scale and wash it out. When you don't or not enough, you build scale on the inside edges of the boiler. the more you use it, the more it builds up and then the gaskets won't seal and it leaks to the outside. Then the descale process won't work.
This is the way I prefer to descale any Auto machine. Read carefully.
Remember, it is better to descale more often than not enough.
1. To decalcify your boiler, remove your water tank and fill it with hot water (100 to 120 degrees). Open a pack of decalcifier and mix into the water tank. Once it is dissolved, place the tank back on the machine, and then turn the machine on.
2. If you just open the steam knob and run approximately eight ounces of solution into a spare container. Turn the machine off and let set about 10 to 15 minutes. Longer is better. It is very important that the machine does not remain on to heat the boiler anymore than necessary.
3. Repeat step #2 for your machine. Do this until you have consumed the entire water tank of solution (approximately four to five cycles). (I do it at night before I go to bed and let the last cycle set in the boiler till morning.)
4. Remove water tank and rinse it with fresh water.
5. Refill water tank with fresh water and place it back on the machine.
Repeat step #2 to rinse the machine, only this time use the entire water tank at one time, and there is no need to let it set.
Posted on May 28, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 14, 2011 | Solis Master 5000 Espresso Machine
Dec 31, 2009 | Solis Master 5000 Espresso Machine
Dec 23, 2009 | Solis Master 5000 Espresso Machine
Dec 11, 2009 | Solis Master 5000 Espresso Machine
Oct 19, 2009 | Solis Master 5000 Espresso Machine
Jul 14, 2009 | Solis Master 5000 Espresso Machine
Mar 26, 2009 | Solis Master 5000 Espresso Machine
Mar 24, 2009 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Mar 02, 2009 | Solis SCDIG-5000 Coffee Maker, Espresso...
560 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!