Question about Water Heaters
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have a 40 gal richmond water heater with power vent and had a similar roblem. I call to talk to a tech and he suggested the vacuum switch. I ordered on line. It was $43 plus shipping and I installed it and it did the job. I happy.
Posted on Nov 05, 2010
SOURCE: hi i have a power
Check gas pressure, burner parts need to be cleaned, check electrical outlet, hot surface igniter is bad
White Rodgers intellivent error code:
Error code says: system in lockout, but you know that.
1) Low gas pressure, no gas to water heater: call gas company to check pressure
2) Hot surface igniter not positioned correctly: inspect and clean burner parts.
3) Low voltage to water heater/ outlet has wrong polarity: Use circuit analyzer on electrical outlet to make sure polarity is correct
Typical power vent manual:
Cleaning water heater:
Posted on Jun 20, 2011
SOURCE: Have a Richmond Hot Water
If you are getting the lockout code then there are a few things that need to be checked out before changing the control....
Gas supply and pressure...
The ignitor and it's positioning...
Electrical voltage and polarity....
These controls have been giving a ton of trouble, so it may or may not have been the water that caused the trouble...if the above things are not the problem, then you have no choice but to replace the control...check with your supplier as you may be able to get it replaced under warranty..
Posted on Jul 11, 2011
1) Rheem-Richmond does not post service manuals:
Copy following link to identify service manual by type of gas control valve:
2) For lockout, the air intake might be clogged or combustion parts dirty, causing overheating which will break TRD glass vial. Gas control may need to be replaced. Reset gas control by rotating knob to lowest temp for at least 6 seconds.
3) Call Rheem or local service tech.
Posted on Mar 10, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2014 | Water Heaters
Mar 10, 2013 | Water Heaters
Sep 02, 2012 | Water Heaters
Apr 01, 2012 | Audiovox Richmond 6G40-36F 6-Year Tall Gas...
Aug 03, 2011 | Audiovox Richmond 6G40-36F 6-Year Tall Gas...
Jun 30, 2011 | Rheem 40 GAL ELEC TALL Water Heater 6YR SC...
Jun 19, 2011 | Audiovox Richmond 6G40-36F 6-Year Tall Gas...
Apr 08, 2011 | Audiovox Richmond 6G40-36F 6-Year Tall Gas...
Mar 29, 2010 | Audiovox Richmond 6G40-36F 6-Year Tall Gas...
166 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: