Question about Maytag Neptune FAV6800AW Top Load Washer
Cycle always stops at the same place, such as 36 minutes to go in Delicate mode. Stops with water in basket.
Can siphon water through the hose OK, and did get it to pump out in Quick cycle mode. In some service modes, I can feel the pump vibrate when pumping dry..
When set to Spin Only, displays 12 minutes and Max Extract, then no further action.
Ran the Quick Spin Test, and unit seemed to keep cycling through the same point, up to 48 (or 480?) RPM for a few seconds that stopping, only to repeat.
Let’s check to see if the wash basket will rotate CCW in Spin Only Cycle with no clothes in the wash basket
1. Open the lid and rotate the wash basket by hand Counter Clockwise, CCW. The wash basket should rotate freely with no restriction. The wash basket will not rotate Clockwise, CW by hand.
2. Raise the top of the machine. Insert a flat blade putty knife approximately 2.5” from the left and right sides of the washer top, depress the spring tabs securing machine top to the washer base. Raise the top of the machine to observe the wash basket and tumbler action described in step 3. (See page 33 of the Service Manual for putty knife insertion point).
3. With the top raised start a Spin Only cycle with no clothes in the wash basket, observe the wash basket it should begin to rotate CCW does it?. Watch the tumblers, they should not rotate in spin cycle (maybe ½ turn at the start of spin cycle and that’s all). If the tumblers rotate while the wash basket is rotating you have a clutch malfunction. If the basket does spin CCW and the tumblers are rotating then you have a broken clutch spring. Let do those checks and observations and see what the next troubleshooting steps will be. Rich
Posted on Apr 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 07, 2015 | Samsung DMT400RHS Builtin Dishwasher
Jul 12, 2008 | Miele Touchtronic W1213 Front Load Washer
Jun 10, 2014 | Washing Machines
During Drain Routine
During the Drain Routine, the water level is checked continuously. Normal drain will occur until the
pressure switch senses no water in the wash tub and there is no foam (suds). The drain pump will
operate an additional 15 seconds after the pressure switch reports no water or foam.
If the drain routine operates for four (4) minutes and the pressure switch senses any foam (suds) in
the wash tub, the Central Control Unit will start the "Kill-Foam" Routine. (See description of this
Routine below.) After the Kill-foam Routine is concluded, the Drain Routine will restart. If, after
four (4) minutes the pressure switch still senses foam in the wash tub, the Central Control Unit will
go into Failure Mode. The digital display will show, F02.
During Spin (Extract) Routine
During the Spin/Extract Routine the water level is checked continuously. If, during this routine, the
pressure switch senses the presence of foam (suds) in the wash tub, the Central Control Unit will
stop the drive motor and the basket will stop spinning. The electronic control will count the number
of spin repetitions that are attempted due to foam (suds). There are a maximum of three (3)
attempts for each Spin/Extract Routine.
1. The Remaining Time counter is stopped.
2. The digital display shows Sud.
3. The Drain Pump is turned OFF.
4. The Central Control Unit will fill the wash tub with 1 gal. (4 L) of cold water.
5. While the tub is filling the basket will tumble 1 sec. ON/15 Sec. OFF.
6. Once the tub is filled, the drive motor will turn OFF and the basket will rest without any
movement for five (5) minutes.
7. After the five (5) minute rest, the remaining time counter will restart and the digital display
will show the remaining time left in the routine.
NOTE: If the Kill-Foam routine was initiated during a Spin/Extract Routine, the tumbling action
will be reduced to a cycle of 3 sec. ON/13 sec. OFF. If, at the end of either the Drain or Spin/
Extract Routines, a suds condition still remains, the digital display will show Sud.
Sud will also be displayed for a short period at the end of a cycle, if a Suds condition was
detected during the cycle. This will alert the consumer to reduce the amount of detergent in
Oct 07, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jun 26, 2010 | Maytag Neptune FAV6800AW Top Load Washer
Apr 08, 2010 | Maytag Neptune FAV6800AW Top Load Washer
Sep 06, 2009 | Kenmore 3.2 cu. ft. Plus Top Load Washer
Aug 13, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Jan 15, 2009 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
381 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: