Question about Belkin Wireless Play Router (F7D4302)
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. Dont use the setup cd, sometimes it works, sometimes its not. here are the steps u need to do:
1. press the reset button on the back of the router for 20sec..while pressing the reset button, unplug the power plug and after 2secs while pressing the reset button plug it back in and press for 30secs after that unplug the router for 15secs then plug it back in..once all the lights are solid and ok
2. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
3. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
4. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
a. if ur isp is a cable company, normaly u need to do a mac clone on the router setup page by cloning the computer that is reg to the cable company, how to determine it. ex. the computer that is reg to the cable company is a desktop or laptop, if this computer is connected to the modem directly and u can access internet.
b. once u determined it u need to connect this computer directly to the router and do a mac clone and set ur internet settings to auto-dhcp..then save the settings and after that, unplug to the power of the modem and router, plug in 1st the power of the modem then once all lights lit, plug in the router, then once all lights lit, try to pull up a browser that ur computer is connected directly to the router.. ur cable connection shud be, cable from the modem will go to the WAN port of the router and connect ethernet cable on port1 going to the lan port of the computer..once u can access the internet, u can now access again the setup page of the router by typing at the url:192.168.1.1 and u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..
5. If ur isp is a dsl normaly they give u a username and password to connect to the internet, ur settings on the router should be PPPoe
6. If ur isp gives u a static ip address settings, u need to set the router to isp setup.
a. how to check the isp of the isp given to u..
1. click on start
3. type cmd
4. it will show a dos prompt
5. from the dos prompt type ipconfig/all
6. it will list the ip address, subnet, default gateway, dns server
this settings should be type in to the settings on the router for static ip addressing..
if you have any querry pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Aug 17, 2009
Try restoring the Belkin back to the factory default by powering up the Belkin and pressing the RESET button on the back of the Belkin for 7 secs. Then connect a LAN cable from the computer to the Belkin, open IE browser and type the configuration IP address and configure the wireless settings ie. SSID, encryption etc. The computer wireless cards will need to be configured with the Belkin wireless settings to allow them to communicate with the Belkin.
Posted on Nov 12, 2009
1) With direct connect with modem, check the IP address and default gateway.
(I came across such a modem, it gave default gateway as 192.168.1.254)
I also had the doubt of configuring as a dynamic connection
But it won't work!
Contact your ISP to completely bridge the modem and configure the dsl modem as PPPoE connection with correct username and password.
Finally connect the modem to router and do a complete network power cycle, i.e.: Unplug power from router 1st, then power from modem, unplug the telephone line and now do the exact reverse process... Plug back the tel. cable, then power to modem... now WAIT for lights on modem to come back, then plug in the power to router. This will surely work.
Posted on Jan 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2015 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Dec 07, 2012 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Sep 09, 2012 | NetGear WNDR3300-100UKS Wireless Router
Dec 12, 2010 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless Router...
Feb 27, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Dec 12, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Nov 12, 2009 | Belkin F5D8631-4 Router (F5D8631au4A)
Jun 29, 2017 | Belkin Wireless Play Router (F7D4302)
10 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: