Installed AOC 2436vh, top of screen off of physical structure of screen, tried power down, physical reinstall, roll back of driver and reload of cd, how do I uninstall monitor to try again? Or adjust it...
I have the 2436V (no speakers), but I suspect the solution will be similar. My screen was a bit to the left of the monitor's physical display area, and I was able to solve it using the built in menu (If you take too long deciding what menu button to press next, the menu will time out. Just start over if that happens. You will get faster with practice).
1) Press the menu button on the monitor (the menu appears).
2) Press the up button on the monitor 4 times to highlight the icon that looks like a slightly angled screen with yellow cross-hairs in one corner (the toolbar for positioning the screen appears - all 5 icons on the positioning toolbar are blue).
3) Press the menu button on the monitor to "enter" the selected toolbar (one of the toolbar icons turns green to indicate the selected tool on the toolbar).
4) Select the tool you need using the up/down arrow buttons on the monitor (I needed the one that moves the screen horizontally, you need the one that moves the screen vertically).
5) Press the menu button on the monitor to activate the selected tool (the meter above the toolbar icon turns green to indicate the tool is active).
6) Use the up/down buttons on the monitor to position the screen.
7) Press the menu button to exit back out (or, just let the menu time out).
Note: the disk that came with the monitor doesn't seem to have drivers for Windows 7, but allowing Windows to search online while updating the driver found a compatible driver online.
Dec 22, 2010 |