Hi, Nigel it saddens me to inform you that you have to put on your Battery Priest Robe and prepare yourself for the Ceremonial "LOAD TEST" but before you begin, maintenance type batteries must be topped off with distilled Holy Water and all batteries must present their terminals to the battery charging altar to receive the electrical infusion of Holy Ions until they have reached a 100% full charge of 12.5 volts or better.
Below is a quick and easy test to see if your battery is in good condition or needs Last Rites and must be replaced.
1. Start by disconnecting the spark plug cables.
2. Adjust voltmeter to DC volts 20-volt range
3. Place the voltmeter leads to the battery terminals.
4. Turn the run/off switch to run.
5. Turn the ignition switch on and press the starter button.
6. Watch the voltmeter as your engine turns over for 15 seconds.
7. If the voltage drops below 9.5 volts, the battery is faulty and must be replaced.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
2000 xjr 1300
How to Tell if Your Battery is Bad in 3 Easy Steps
Yamaha XJR1300 Owner Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha XJR1300 99 Service Manual