Question about Panasonic PT-44LCX65 Television
I have a panasonic lcd projection tv and 1 week ago i noticed a permanet light green spot in the upper middle of my screen size of a baseball and a light pink spot about the size of a golfball on the lower right hand corner! i got this tv in dec 2005 and now its all screwd up! help me my brothers!
(Yes, this is a cross-post from another thread...I just wanted to help everyone on the various threads on this issue...please do not flame me)
Ok...once and for all I will explain the fix (in detail...which has been missing)...
1) Firmware updates do not fix this problem. I had this problem, and updated my firmware to the latest versons without success. Also, cleaning the light engine (or any other part) does not fix this problem. If you cleaned your TV and your problem disappeared, you had a different problem.)
2) This repair requies a special tool from Panasonic. The tool is part number LSUQ0100. It is light grey in color, and is roughly 7" x 5" x 1" in size. It has diagnostic lights on it, and a button to press to start the procedure. This tool is used to reprogram your EEPROM. Again, this is VERY different than flash upgrading your firmware.
3) To repair the TV, the repairman must remove the lower back of the unit and plug the long, 5-wire connector (5 individual wires terminated to one female connector end - reminds you a bit of an old-style CD-ROM audio cable used in computers) into a male recepticle on the light engine.
4) The procedure takes roughly 6-7 minutes to complete. The TV remains on during the procedure (yeah, I was a bit surprised too). About mid-way through the procedure, your colored ball-shaped blotches will just disappear....no on-screen progress bar, no bright flash, the spots just disappear in the blink of the eye.
5) CALL PANASONIC!!! They are standing behind these TVs, and are covering these in-home repairs free-of-charge - EVEN IF YOUR TV IS OUT OF WARRANTY. Mine was out of warranty by over a year. The Panasonic rep was very kind, but did explain that this is the only repair for these TVs that they will cover out of warranty, as it was a defect in the manufacture of the unit - all other repairs are at the expense of the customer.
Good luck to all - I hope this helps some of you!
Cheers to Panasonic for standing behind their products like this....you don't see that very much these days!
Posted on Sep 25, 2008
I had the same problem, first a blue spot then a green spot showed up. I contacted Panasonic Customer Support. They sent someone out and they fixed the TV for free. They reprogrammed the EEPROM chip in the TV. It is a defect.
So long as it is not happening by something you have done. It will be fixed free of charge. Call them, it solves the problem.
Posted on Jun 24, 2009
I also had the same green spot on a nearly 3 year old TV. I found a local authorized repair shop through Panasonic's website and gave them a call. Although the lady who answered the phone had no knowledge of Panasonic's coverage, the technician did. I received a call later asking when they could come out and fix it. A few days later, he came by and 20 minutes later the problem was fixed. No charge. Good job Panasonic in standing behind your products.
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
Call Panasonic- They are aware of the problem. After describing the problem, Panasonic contacted the local authorized TV repair store, set up an appt. and fixed the problem. They updated the firmware that solved the golf ball size spot. My TV was purchased in Nov. 2005. 1-800-211-7262
Posted on Oct 27, 2008
Im wondering if the blue green and red light are going out in the tv?
Posted on Oct 29, 2010
Thanks ChrisM510........I just started noticing my green and pink spots on my panasonic 61 inch lcd projection TV. I bought the tv back in nov of 2004 when lcd televisions just had reached the market. I payed a pretty good "penny" for the television at the time. I called panasonic, they had no problem sending someone to fix the TV. They were kind and aware of the problem. The service will be provided in 5 days. I will let everyone know the outcome of the TV. PANASONIC is standing by their product!!!!! You don't see this everyday. Thank you ChrisM510 again, and Panasonic
Posted on Apr 08, 2010
Easy fix. I had the same green spot on PT-52LCX65 and I removed the front panel (no screws). In the center is a panel that has two screws. Remove them and pull the cover off. There you will find the projection bulb. Do not clean the bulb but instead the base. Use a damp cloth to wipe the dust off the black disk (the base of the projection bulb housing). Apparently the dust through static electricity may cause enough magnetism to distort your picture. Hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 02, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 06, 2009 | Hitachi 60VG825 60 in. LCD Television
Oct 30, 2009 | Panasonic PT-44LCX65 Television
Jun 12, 2009 | Samsung LN46B530 LCD TV
May 27, 2009 | Panasonic PT-44LCX65 Television
Apr 03, 2009 | Panasonic PT-44LCX65 Television
Aug 20, 2008 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
3,820 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!