The service manual recommends an automatic digital focus using the Magic Focus button but even shows that the supposed MF button is the convergence button. The wiring diagrams also show a magic focus sw. Is the a button somewhere inside for this function or some other way to access it from the front?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: Is there a Magic Focus function on 53XDF01B?
The correct model is 53fdx01b. There is a mogic focus button on the front of the set.
Procedure for Chassis DP05F, DP05, HP11, HP12:
1. Press and hold the DIGITAL ARRAY or CONVERGENCE ADJUST button on front panel.
2. While the button is held down, then press the INPUT or ANT button on remote control.
3. The unit will now be in the DCAM.
1. Proceed with digital convergence adjustment.
2. Remember to save the correction data.
3. Units with MAGIC FOCUS only - Failure to initialize MAGIC FOCUS sensors after saving
convergence correction data will result in a STATIC (+) display when MAGIC FOCUS attempts
to run. The technician will then be required to access the service only switch behind the front
cover to get back into the DCAM to initialize the sensors, since the procedure to access DCAM
without removing the front panel, requires MAGIC FOCUS to be running.
4. To exit, press the POWER button on the front panel.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Press "Menu" on the remote select the "Magic Focus" option in the Video menu or press the "Magic Focus" button on the front panel to adjust the convergence of the three picture tubes that create the proper color for the picture. Pressing the button on the TV initiates the automatic adjustment, and accessing the feature through the Video menu allows you to choose automatic or manual adjustment, though the "Automatic" setting must be selected for the button on the front of the TV to begin the process.
If your TV looks 3D, warped, or distorted it likely has a convergenge problem. If however it just looks dull, washed out, redish, greenish, or blueish or if it looks like objects on the screen have halos the fluid in the lens has soured. You can search google for parts or you can get the parts with repair instructions from sites such as www.TvRepairKits.com
in the menu first check if focus is set to auto or manual, need to be auto, if it is then pop off the front cover and acess panel with TV on cafefully press small button on signal pcb front edge, this is service mode, press pip mode,then pip channel after intialize turn TV off then on, function should be restored.
I think the reason for that is that you are using a wrong focus type. I recommend you using wide focus (not sure if named it right) and make sure you have your steady-shot function on. To change focus type, just find the button next to the shot-button.
Convergence issues usually resolved by changing convergence output amplifier IC's.....Original STK392-110 should be replaced
with upgrade Stk394-160E Hitachi part # CZ 01341,change both
for reliability.....check B+ feed resistors for over-heating....T.
I have this problem starting today. Unfortunately, others who have fixed it have done the following.
* Unplug TV for hours and it worked
* Buying manual switch to the outlet or surge protector and switch power off that way.
It appears that I'm in no mood to spend hundreds to get this fixed for hundreds of dollars and just going the Radio Shack route of buying a switch which would probably be more of savings. But needless to say, I hope that is the only problem I have.
Autofocus Lock ("AF-L"). Pressing the AF-L (Autofocus Lock) button enables the Nikon F4 to lock the focus. Simultaneous lock of AF-L and AE-L is possible. "'FREEZE FOCUS" - is another great function in the F4. It allows automatic shutter release when subject enters a pre focused distance - available with Nikon MF-23 and/or the 250 exp. MF-24 Multi-Control Back. i.e. with the shutter button fully depressed, the shutter is automatically fired when a subject comes into a preset manually focused position. This function is recommended for sports races because the racing course is usually known beforehand. It also works well in wildlife remote control photography, scientific, forensic and other technical photography.
AF/MF (Auto Focus/Manual Focus)
* The AF/MF function works in CAMERA, M.REC mode only.
* In most situations, it is better to use the automatic focus feature, as it enables you to concentrate on the creative side of your recording.
* Manual focusing may be necessary under certain conditions that make automatic focusing difficult and/or unreliable.
* If you are inexperienced in the use of camcorders, we recommend that you make use of Auto Focus.
In the following situations, you may obtain better results by adjusting the focus manually:
* A picture containing several objects, some close to the camcorder, others further away.
* A person enveloped in fog or surrounded by snow.
* Very shiny or glossy surfaces like a car.
* People or objects moving constantly or quickly like an athlete or a crowd.
Follow These Simple Steps To Set The Manual Focus
1. Set the power switch to CAMERA mode.
2. Turn the MENU DIAL up or down until the FOCUS is highlighted and then press the ENTER button. M. FOCUS(MF) will display.
3. Turn the MENU DIAL up or down until the object is in focus. Zoom out a little if focusing is difficult.
4. To return to AF (Auto Focus: ), press the ENTER button again.
There are four focus modes: S-AF (Single auto focus), C-AF (Continuous auto focus), MF (Manual Focus), and S-AF/MF (Simultaneous mode).
(SINGLE Auto Focus): Focusing is performed once when the shutter button is pressed halfway.
C-AF (CONTINUOUS Auto Focus): The camera repeats focusing while the shutter button is pressed halfway.
(MANUAL FOCUS): The function allows you to manually focus on any subject while looking through the viewfinder.
SIMULTANEOUS USE of S-AF mode and MF mode: You can fine-adjust focus manually by turning the focus ring after AF is performed in the S-AF mode.