I just bought this thing and about 15 minutes into listening to it the heatsink gets really hot, the volume without actually turning it down, infact i can turn it up, but the volume gets lower and lower eventually gets staticky then turns off. the radio stays on and is fully functional volume knob and all, and if i turn on my A/C it will cool off for a minute ill get music then back to nothing. No error msg, or protect. its hooked up correctly (same as my last 2 stereo's)what could cause it?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You're probably overdriving the amplifier, meaning the speakers are sucking up more power than the amplifier is capable of. When you turn it up loud it overheats and causes the system to go into a protect mode so it doesn't catch on fire (yes... it happens!). Make sure your system is capable of handling the power needs of your speakers. And don't burn your house down! I had a high-end Harmon-Kardon receiver burst into flames. It's a good thing I was standing next to it or my house would have been toast.
Shes overheating and thus goes into emergency mode and shuts down the volume to help cool down the built in amp . Dont know if it has a built in fan (likely not) but its overheating which can be a number of reasons why...from a failed heatsink componet, inadequet venting, shorted circuit. Can you take it out and inspect it?
The laptop must be dismantled to access the motherboard, buy a can of compressed air attach straw. Now remove fan and the heatsink, blow out all open ports and fins on the heatsink and fan, next! remove thermal grease from the processor and heatsink with rubbing alcohol and a paper towel, now! apply fresh thermal grease to the processor and heatsink, "small thin layer evenly spread" now assemble, "solves most heat related issues"
Joe- This does sound like thermal shut down. Unfortunately what I would bet has happened, is your daughter uses her computer on the bed often, which picks up lint. This lint ends up plugging the intake port of the computer. I believe the A105 has access to the fans on the bottom pannel which is really helpfull otherwise you have to take the laptop apart. you should get in there with a brush, a vaccume, compressed air and really clean out the fans, and the fins of the heatsink. I would also pull the heatsink from the processor clean both the processor and heatsink with Alcohol and apply artic silver thermal paste to it as per the instructions. Now reassemble. It should be all set.
As for the coolpad, if the fan is running, which I think it is, it will help. IT will not solve the problem, and the chip will continue to overheat and shut down but take longer to do so.
Hi, you shouldnt even switch on the PC if its running at that temperature, machine will be restarting and shutting down on you.
If you just bought it, you should take it back to the shop.
Otherwise you need to remove the old heatsink and fan and apply new thermal paste to the cpu and resit the heatsink, if its still running very hot over 50c you will probably find the cpu has been damaged.