Red blinking light on a Magnavox Plasma TV
Here is the solution. For less that 100$ your Magnavox Plasma TV. Model # 50MF2310/37 will be running like a champ.
Magnavox Plasma TV. Model # 50MF2310/37 screen has no picture.
There is no sound, TV comes on and then after a few seconds clicks and
screen remains blank.
On the main power circuit board to Capacitors are prone to failure from
over load. The caps are 3300uf 10v 105+c capacitors located to the left
of the AC power input.
Magnavox will refer you to a service center. They will advise $$$ for
an inspection. They will also want to charge upwards of 500$ to replace
the entire board.
1. Unplug your TV
2. Disconnect all connections from your TV
3. With assistance lay your TV on its face on a non-scratching service
4. Remove the back panel screws.
5. Lift back panel off
6. The central board is your main power board.
7. Remove all wire harnesses from the main board.
8. Remove all screws that are holding the main board in place.
9. Lift the main board out and carefully place it into a non electromagnetic pouch.
10. Take the board to a Circuit Board repair shop.
11. Have them replace the the above mentioned Caps.
12. Re-install the board in your TV.
NOTE: Replace the caps with 3300uf 16v 105+ high temp caps(preferrably Japanese caps)
This fix cost me 80$ and my time to search for other who had the same issue. Try searching for Magnavox Plasma TV. Model # 50MF2310/37 bad circuit board or Magnavox Plasma TV bad capacitors or Magnavox Plasma TV bad ciruit board.
Hope this all help, Magnavox is should take ownership for this problem
and recall any tv's that have these caps in them. The worst part about
this is that teh **** from the repair center that was paid 100$ to
check the TV, stripped out the screw holes and damaged the case for the
Portland Laptop Repair was awesome. They repaired the board and it
looked like new. Check them out at http://www.laptopportland.com/
Feb 10, 2008 |
Akai PDP4294 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma...