Question about Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Altec Lansing speakers in laptop
It seems as though the speakers wire connector may have become loose or disconnected. You will have to remove the switch cover above the Keyboard to check. Here is the typical instructions for removing it:
Before you begin any removal or installation procedures:
1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the computer is off or in hibernation, turn the computer on, and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power cord.
4. Remove the battery by following these steps:
a. Turn the computer upside down with the front panel
Close the computer.
3. Turn the computer upside down with the front panel
4. Remove the three Phillips PM2.5×5.0 screws that secure
the switch cover to the computer.
5. Turn the computer display-side up with the front toward you.
6. Open the computer as far as possible.
7. Lift the rear edge of the switch cover and swing it forward
until it rests on the keyboard.
8. Release the zero insertion force (ZIF) connector 1 to which
the LED board cable is connected and disconnect the cable 2
from the LED board.
9. Remove the switch cover.
Remove the Keyboard:
Remove the four Phillips PM2.5×7.0 screws that secure the keyboard to the computer.
Turn the computer display-side up with the front panel
5. Open the computer as far as possible.
6. Lift the rear edge of the keyboard 1 until it rests at an angle.
7. Slide the keyboard 2 back to disengage the tabs on the front
edge of the keyboard from the top cover.
8. Swing the keyboard 3 forward until it rests on the palm rest.
Release the ZIF connector 1 to which the keyboard cable is connected and disconnect the keyboard cable 2 from the system board.
10. Remove the keyboard.
Remove the Speaker Assembly:
Disconnect the speaker assembly cable 1 from the power button board.
5. Remove the two Phillips PM2.5×4.0 screws 2 that secure the speaker assembly to the computer.
6. Remove the speaker assembly 3.
Reverse directions to replace everything.
Posted on Jan 14, 2008
SOURCE: Sound Driver for Windows XP
Altec Lansing are the speakers, not the sound card on your model. Even if you have the Altec Lansing sound card, the appropriate driver for the Pavilion is the Vinyl AC'97 driver, which can be downloaded here:
That should work with your machine. Hope that helps! Should you have any further questions,please feel free to post them here.
P.S. - If you find that the solution/answerI provided led you to, or resulted in a fix, please close the ticket with a FixYa!rating. I would be very grateful for your show of appreciation.
Thank you for using FIXYA!
Posted on Oct 09, 2008
my hp altec lansing laptop doesn't opwer on, the button lights up for 1 second and then shuts down,nothing happens to the screen, it stays blank
Posted on Oct 29, 2009
try with headphone to check if sound is working or not
if not go to control panel
got to sound
if everything is fine in sound settings
go to this link and download sound drivers again
Posted on May 12, 2010
SOURCE: blank screen
-remove battery pack(if you can romove memory ram aswell) and wait 10 mins
-now start charging laptop without battery pack for 2 mins
-unplUg the power AND press and hold the power button for 45 seconds
-REPLUG THE POWER CABLE BUT DONT PUT THE BATTERY PACK YET
NOW OPEN THE LID WIDER YOU CAN PRESS POWER BUTTON YOU WILL SEE YOUR SYSTEM WILL START ONCE YOUR SYSTEM BE READY SHUT IT DOWN PUT THE BATTERY PACK BACK AND CONTUNUE TO USE YOUR LAPTOP
vote me if you find your solution
Posted on Jul 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2016 | HP Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 03, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Dec 28, 2012 | HP Pavilion dv9925nr Notebook
Apr 09, 2011 | Altec Lansing ADA745 4 Speakers
Feb 26, 2011 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Aug 13, 2010 | Altec Lansing MX5021 Computer Speakers
May 17, 2010 | Altec Lansing VS4121 Computer Speakers
Oct 27, 2008 | HP Computers & Internet
Aug 27, 2008 | Sony VAIO R505JL Notebook
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: