Question about Compaq Office Equipment & Supplies
I have a printer that have firmware problem and so i feel the best thing is to flash it,how do i flash it
I have the same problem on a LG09+ (DIGITAL) Printronix 5209
after power on, a message HB NOT INSTLD is on panel for a moment.
then the printer stops with TABLE MISMATCH DOWNLOAD AGAIN.
can you please email me the flash program and file? Thank you.
my email address is Mario.Fiorentino@assistitalia.it
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hello, I can get your printer running... First tell me what your original problem was before you got the Table Mismatch Download Again" error. What part did you replace? What is the flash code # you used? See my image on HB NOT INSTALLD message I have been repairing and refurbishing the P5000series Line Printers for over 6 years... If I can get a little more history on that printer... I'll have it fixed. Have a good day! LineMatrix
Posted on Sep 20, 2007
Please try installing the below patch and check for the result:
Just copy and paste the entire link into the Internet browser's address bar and press enter
This should resolve the issue.
Posted on Feb 08, 2008
SOURCE: printronix5003H+ table mismatch
I'm sure you have fixed your printer by now... but reflash the printer.
Flash memory is contained in SIMMs (single in-line memory modules) located
on the controller board. Printer emulation and operating system software are
loaded into flash memory at the factory, but you will install software in some
• The customer buys the PGL or VGL graphics, Expansion-CT, or IPDS
option after the printer is installed
• The customer needs to upgrade printer software
• The customer needs different emulation software
• You have replaced the controller board
• You have added or replaced the flash memory SIMM
Emulation and operating system software are stored as a compressed file on
a 3.5 inch floppy diskette. This file is “executable.” You will expand it and copy
it into printer flash memory.
You can load software through the serial, parallel, or Ethernet port of the
1. If the printer has an Ethernet interface, refer to the PrintNet User’s Manual
for the download instructions. You are finished with this procedure. If you
are going to load memory through the serial or parallel port, continue with
2. Make a printout of all saved configurations. (Refer to the User’s Manual.)
(Installing new software erases all saved configurations. You will use the
printouts to restore printer configuration.)
3. Set the printer power switch to O (off).
4. If the printer is already connected to the serial or parallel port of a
computer capable of running an MS-DOS® based PKZIP® self-extracting
file, go to step 11. If not, go to step 5.
5. Unplug the AC power cord from the printer.
6. Disconnect all data input cables from the printer interfaces.
7. Connect a parallel data cable to the LPT1 port or a serial data cable to the
COM1 port of an IBM-compatible computer that is using the PC-DOS™ or
MS-DOS operating system.
NOTE: You can connect the cable to the LPT2 port if the LPT1 port is alreadyin use. The load commands are different if you use this port, as
described in the note after step 18.
8. Connect the data cable to the appropriate I/O port of the printer.
9. Plug the AC power cord into the printer.
10. Power on the computer.
11. Insert the emulation or upgrade diskette into diskette drive A (or B) of the
12. Make the diskette drive the active drive by typing the following at the DOS
A:<return> (If the diskette is in drive B, type B:<return>)
13. Get the name of the compressed file on the diskette by listing the
contents of the diskette; at the DOS prompt type:
The compressed file on the diskette takes the form FILENAME.EXE
Now write down the complete name of the file with the .EXE extension.
14. On the printer control panel, press and hold down the ON LINE + PAPER
ADVANCE keys. Without releasing the keys, power the printer on.
Continue holding the ON LINE and PAPER ADVANCE keys down for five
seconds, then release them.
NOTE: The port default is CENTRONICS; this is the standard load through
the parallel port. If you want to use the default, continue at step 18.
15. When you see “WAITING FOR PROGRAM DOWNLOAD” on the LCD,
press the < (NEXT) key. “SELECT DOWNLOAD PORT =
DATAPRODUCT” appears on the LCD.
16. Press < (NEXT) again to cycle through the download ports available in
CENTRONICS* (parallel) (default port)
RS232-9600 (RS-232 serial, 9600 baud)
RS232-19.2K (RS-232 serial, 19200 baud)
RS232-38.4K (RS-232 serial, 38400 baud)
RS232-115K (RS-232 serial, 115000 baud)
RS422-9600 (RS-422 serial, 9600 baud)
RS422-19.2 (RS-422 serial, 19200 baud)
RS422-38.4K (RS-422 serial, 38400 baud)
RS422-115K (RS-422 serial, 115000 baud)
17. When the printer download port you want to use is displayed on the LCD,
press ENTER. “WAITING DOWNLOAD / PORT = <your selection>
appears on the display.
18. At the DOS prompt on the computer type:
where FILENAME.EXE is the compressed file you noted in step 13. This
command decompresses the file on the diskette and copies it as a binary
file into the flash memory on the printer controller board.
NOTE: If you are loading the file using the LPT2 port on the computer, enter
the following DOS command:
FILENAME.EXE -pb 2 <Return>
The 9600 baud rate is the only selection older versions of DOS can
use. The baud rate information entered in the following DOS
commands must match the selection you made in step 16.
the load process and status. (LCD messages are listed in Table 2,
CAUTION Do not interrupt the downloading process once it has started.
Interrupting a download will damage the flash memory on the controller
board and PrintNet card ( if installed).
19. When the new program has successfully loaded into memory and the
printer has reset itself, set the printer power switch to O (off).
20. Unplug the AC power cord from the printer.
21. Remove the diskette from the computer and store it with the printer.
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
There is nothing to do but try to reflash the printer firmware. If that is not successful then the cmx bd. must be replaced and reflash.
Posted on Mar 05, 2011
i have an error " tabel mismatch download again" on my printonix p1000q1
how can i solve it please help me as soon as Possible please help
Posted on Mar 29, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2012 | Ricoh Aficio 450 Copier
Jun 09, 2011 | HP LaserJet CM1312 All-In-One Printer
Apr 14, 2011 | Lexmark X544dn All-In-One Laser Printer
Feb 11, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 31, 2009 | Zebra 2844-Z Thermal Label Printer
Dec 01, 2008 | Printronix Line Matrix P5215 Printer
Nov 11, 2008 | TallyGenicom 6312 Matrix Printer
Feb 28, 2008 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 15, 2008 | Zebra LP 2844 Thermal Printer
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: