The above link describes the following:
The LCD screen may display a FILE ERROR message when trying to view a still image on the camera if the image was rotated, modified and overwritten using editing software on a computer. To play images you have taken on the camera, it is recommended that you do not make any changes to the original image files.
Another problem may be that the Memory Stick Pro/Duo or Memory Stick Pro used in the camera has dirty contacts, causing this error.
Or, the memory stick pro/duo is damaged somehow.
Remove and blow out the memory chamber with compressed air, and remove from any adapters and clean with compressed air and then reinsert fully into the chamber for the Memory Stick on the camera.
The above shows how to reset a cyber shot camera from sony.
Follow the appropriate procedure below for your camera.
Using an Initialize option in the menu
Since Cyber-shot cameras have different menu system layouts, refer to the instruction manual specific for your camera model.
Using a RESET button
- Locate the RESET button on the camera.
- Use a pointed object (like a ballpoint pen) to press and hold the RESET button for 2-3 seconds.
- After 2-3 seconds has elapsed, release the RESET button.
Performing a manual power reset
- Turn off the camera.
- Remove the battery pack.
- Remove the button-sized lithium battery.
- Allow the camera to remain without power for 30 seconds.
- Reinsert the button-sized lithium battery.
- Reinsert the battery pack.
- Turn on the camera.
If your camera is experiencing an issue and the issue is not resolved by performing the appropriate reset procedure above, then service may be required. The Sony® eService Web site at http://eservice.sony.com/
can assist you in obtaining service from a Sony Service Center or locating a Sony Authorized Servicer.