Question about Garden
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
one of the problems i found with electric detectors was that they do not tell you if there is a break in the neutral cable so you could have a break there,another problem is that the levers can break inside the cover giving the impression that it should work but is not making contact with the switch ,hope this helps
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
check the mechanism first before changing the gearbox its possible that the cable might jump out from the pulley or the cable is worn out or its possible that the gear on the tire is worn out to if not then that would be the time for you to change the gear box it would be hard to change it if you don't have the right tools to work on it if you know how everything work its not that hard to replace it just make sure were everything goes memorize the parts before disassembling cause that would be you guide to reassemble it...goodluck
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
Some mowers are designed to drain oil out of the dipstick tube. remove dipstick and tilt the mower to allow oil to run out into a drain pan. 2/3 rds of a quart or 20 oz is what to expect.
Posted on Dec 06, 2009
Several questions here...
1. Is the oil serviced to the full mark?
The oil level sensor can cause a no spark condition because it grounds the ignition.
2. Is there spark at the spark plug? You can remove the spark plug and test for spark but if the plug is internally grounded it will show spark when removed but if it is installed it can still be defective. (Spark Plugs are cheap replace it)
3. Is the handle safety cable loose even when depressed? A bad safety cable or an improper cable adjustment can also cause a lack of spark.
4. Do you note gas on the spark plug or is it very dry? If the spark plug is dry try adding a splash of gas into the cylinder via the spark plug hole and see if you get a temporary / momentary start. If you do then you have either a fuel supply or carb problem.
Make sure the fuel selector is in the ON position.
5. If you suspect a fuel problem disconnect the tank feed line to the carb and see if there is fuel flow from the tank, No fuel flow no start.... then problem in the gas tank or supply line.
I will post this as a solution but will watch for any responses and continue to assist you if needed.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Jun 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 12, 2014 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
Jul 09, 2011 | Mtd Yard - Man 160cc, 21" Self - Propelled...
Jun 29, 2011 | Yard Machines Garden
Jun 29, 2011 | Yard Machines 11A54MC006 21Inch 139cc MTD...
Apr 26, 2010 | Yard Machines 158cc Push Lawn Mower #11a...
Aug 11, 2009 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
Jul 19, 2009 | Craftsman 24 Hp 48" Deck Yard Tractor
Jul 14, 2009 | Yard Machines Garden
Jun 18, 2009 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!