Question about Fisher and Paykel Washing Machines
Some cycles do not use softener or bleach, make sure you are using a cycle that does.
Posted on Dec 21, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is a result of the siphoning action and is part of the normal operation of the washer. Water
may be removed by removing the dispenser drawer and draining
water into the empty drum or sink.
• When washing is completed, wipe top and sides of washer with a damp cloth. Turn water
faucets off to prevent pressure build-up in the hoses.
• As needed, clean the cabinet with mild soap and water. Never use harsh, gritty or
abrasive cleansers. If door or console becomes stained, clean with diluted chlorine bleach
[1/2 cup (120 ml) in 1 quart (.95 L) water]. Rinse several times with clear water.
• Remove glue residue from tape or labels with a mixture of warm water and mild detergent.
Or, touch residue with the sticky side of the tape or label.
• Before moving the washer, place a strip of cardboard or thin fiberboard under the front
leveling legs to prevent floor damage.
Cleaning the Dispenser Drawer Area
Detergent and fabric softener may build up in the dispenser drawer. Residue should be removed
once or twice a month.
• Remove the drawer by pulling the drawer out until it stops. (Figure 1)
• Reach back into the left rear corner of the drawer cavity and press down firmly on the lock
tab (left rear portion of the drawer). Pull out the drawer. (Figure 2)
• Remove the insert from the bleach and fabric softener compartments. (Figure 3)
• Rinse the drawer and inserts with hot tap water to remove traces of accumulated powders
and liquids. Large amounts of fabric softener residue may indicate improper dilution or
more frequent cleaning is required.
• To clean the drawer opening, use a small brush to clean the recess. Remove all residue
from the upper and lower parts of the recess. (Figure 4)
• Replace the insert pressing the "X" to lock it in place. Return the dispenser drawer.
• Remove items from the washer as soon as the cycle ends. Excess wrinkling, color transfer,
and odors may develop in items left in the washer.
• Before cleaning the washer interior, unplug the electrical power cord to avoid electrical
• Dry around the washer door opening, flexible gasket, and door glass. These areas should
always be clean to ensure a water tight seal.
• When extremely soiled items have been washed, a dirty residue may remain on the drum.
Remove this by wiping the drum with a nonabrasive household cleanser. Rinse thoroughly
• Periodically, wipe dry the bottom of the flexible gasket to remove lint and other debris.
• The plastic drum vanes may become stained from fabric dye. Clean these parts with a
nonabrasive household cleanser. This prevents dye transfer to future loads.
try this out for more ref check the operations mannual page 7
Posted on Dec 07, 2007
Got a Brand new LG ~ WT5001CW toploader today. I did 2 loads of wash. Theres a Bleach Dispenser on the top left side but I didn't use it. In the middle of my 2nd wash I noticed the bleach dispenser was full of water. I thought well maybe after the rinse and the spin it would take the water out. Well when the cycle was complete the Bleach Dispenser was still full of water.
I took the Bleach dispenser out and checked the holes to see if anything was plugged, didn't look like it. Was wondering if anyone knew how to solve this problem or do you think that since I took the bleach dispenser out and put it back it that it might work for my next load ??
Any opinions will be greatly appreciated !! Thanks Much !!
Posted on Sep 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Here is a tip that I wrote about what I found out about the fabric softener not dispensing into the washer...
Fridgidaire Washing Machine Fabric Softner not going into washer
Dec 28, 2010 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Dec 07, 2007 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF7000ES Front Load...
Apr 04, 2010 | Frigidaire GLTF1670A Front Load Washer
Sep 20, 2009 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Jul 31, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Mar 01, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 18, 2009 | Frigidaire GLTF2940ES Front Load Washer
Mar 05, 2008 | Frigidaire GLTF2940ES Front Load Washer
Jan 27, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Dec 09, 2017 | Fisher and Paykel Washing Machines
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: