Question about Computers & Internet
Often when this happens, the drive was removed without "Safely Remove Hardware" . Try different computers (Operating Systems) and when recognized, Use the "Safely Remove Hardware" key. Then try it on your laptop.
Posted on Oct 15, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Go to BIOS (Press DEL or F2 to enter BIOS). Check if the Power state is in S1. Ensure that USB setting is in Hi-Speed.
Restart the computer and try using the device. this should fix. Let us know the result.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2013 | Electronics - Others
Apr 25, 2011 | Transcend 4GB JetFlash 110 USB 2.0 Flash...
Feb 27, 2011 | Transcend 4GB JetFlash 110 USB 2.0 Flash...
Write Protection on any portable USB Device can be applied by the physical lock provided on the card adjuster or some times provided on the pen drives, so make sure to make your drive not write protected by moving the lock in right direction.
But even after moving the physical lock for write protection the problem can happen due to some virus action. This happens when some virus or script which applies the registry hack to make any drive write protect when connected to the computer, In that case follow the procedure below to remove write protection from your pen drive.
1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type regedit and press Enter, this will open the registry editor.
2. Navigate to the following path:
Note: If the registry key StorageDevicePolicies key does not exist, you will need to create it
Download this batch file called add.bat from here, and double click after download the key will be automatically added to registry.
3. Double click the key WriteProtect in the right pane and set the value to 0 in the Value Data Box and press OK button
4. Exit Registry, restart your computer and then again re-connect your USB pen drive on your computer. That is it, done.
Jan 14, 2011 | Transcend 4GB JetFlash 110 USB 2.0 Flash...
Solution for the problem:
1. The solution is just to "Turn off the computer and unplug it from the power supply" (Unplugging is necessary as today even after turning the system off, the motherboard continues to get power).
2. Let the system remain off for about a minute.
3. Restart the system and wait for it to boot completely before inserting the drive again.
You can try this solution also. Run devmgmt.msc in the run box. Assuming that the USB is in inserted state, click onScan for Hardware changes under the Action menu. USB should be detected now.
That's it the problem will not appear again.
Jan 07, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 28, 2010 | Electronics - Others
Jul 05, 2010 | Kingston 4GB Secure Digital High Capacity...
Apr 25, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck 2WD
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!