Question about Whirlpool RBD305PD Electric Double Oven
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Your cancel key is defective at this point. follow these steps below?
1. Check keypad connector for firm connection (keypad connects to control board).
2. Press CANCEL. If error code returns after 60 seconds, replace keypad (also called touch pad or membrane switch). Some models incorporate keypad in to control board as one unit. In this case, replace control board (also called ERC or clock).
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
This could be either a problem with the keypad or the control. Here's the manufacturer's "recommended repair procedure":
1. Check keypad connector for firm connection.
2. Press CANCEL. If error code returns after 60 sec., replace keypad.
3. Replace control.
... not so good, they want you to replace the keypad and if that doesn't work replace the control board ... both very expensive!
First I suggest trying to clean up the keypad ribbon connection into the control board ... this is free! We put a procedure on our website that describes how to do it, heres the link:
If you come to the conclusion that the failure is due to the control board, we can have a look at it for you if your comfortable to remove it. We repair oven controllers.
Or, if you want to send us the keypad and control board as a unit (they are bolted together) we can determine which is the problem and repair as needed.
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
HI. This code is in reference to the keys that initiate actions on your unit, The cancel key is malfunctioning at this time. Follow the procedure below to correct the issue.
1. Disassemble the control panel and check the keypad connector for firm connection (keypad connects to the control board).
2. Press CANCEL. If error code returns after 60 seconds, replace keypad (also called touch pad or membrane switch). Some models incorporate the keypad in to the control board as one unit. In this case, replace the entire control board (also called ERC or clock).
Posted on Aug 23, 2010
Testimonial: "Thank you. We will let you know how that goes if we can find the "how to" on that repair."
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2010 | Whirlpool RBD245PDS Electric Double Oven
Jan 04, 2010 | Whirlpool RBD306PD Electric Double Oven
Jan 03, 2010 | Whirlpool Ovens
Jun 03, 2009 | Ovens
Apr 09, 2009 | Whirlpool RBD305PD Electric Double Oven
Apr 02, 2009 | Whirlpool RBD305PD Electric Double Oven
May 19, 2017 | Whirlpool GBD277PD Electric Double Oven
Mar 28, 2008 | Whirlpool RBS245PDS Electric Single Oven
190 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: