Question about Dynex Computers & Internet

1 Answer

I have an extrernal soundcard that only attachs with a fire wire cable which my laptop doesn't have an inut for. I bought an adaptor; a Firewire 1394 6 Pin Female to USB Male Adaptor ( but when i plugged it in, there was a power surge warning wanting to reset the usb (i have both USB2 and USB3 - same result), and have come to understand that they have diff min/max amps, right? (so why are they allowed to sell the adaptor!?) My laptop also doesn't have an express card slot, which i understand is sometimes another option. Does anyone have a solution to my problem? like some external power supply, or a 'Y' adaptor possibly? Thanks for help Appreciated Mike

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,406 Answers

Who would prevent them from selling anything they like? Who would enforce that law?

PROBABLY, somewhere, whomever sold you that adaptor PROBABLY said something about its power requirements. It may not have been easy to understand, but it was probably there.

But... that doesn't get us any nearer a solution for your problem. For taht... there's WalMart, where you can buy a four-port POWERED USB hub (buy one that comes with its own "wall-wart" power supply).

Oh - you're in the UK. Do you have Wal-Mart there? If not, wherever you buy electronics stuff (including, they'll have a powered USB hub.

Posted on Jun 07, 2014


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Pinnacle moviebox plus driver

Buy a pcmcia firewire card for your laptop, usb for movie capture is not good.

Mar 30, 2014 | M-Audio Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Transfer video to laptop or pc

This requires a i.LINK socket on the PC, is also known as Firewire or IEEE 1394; if your PC doesn't have one of these inputs, adaptors and add-on cards are widely available). This page from sony shows how

How to transfer DV or Digital8 videos to your PC and supplies the software required.

You can buy a Firewire to USB lead from here.

USB to Firewire Ieee 1394 4 Pin Ilink Adapter Cable 5 feet

Sep 16, 2013 | Sony Handycam DCR-TRV22E Mini DV Digital...

1 Answer

How to install firewire to my r510 laptop

Fire wire is the plug in that says 1394 on the laptop. You will need a proprieary firewire cord to plug this in. If your laptop does not have a port stating 1394 then get an adapter as such

Sep 20, 2012 | Samsung R530 Notebook

1 Answer

Driver for 1394 port camera model : gr-d770as

Have you tried installing the software from the CD on the PC you are transferring to? There is no drivers for fire-wire.You can buy a a IEEE 1394 firewire to USB 2.0 cable if you do not have a firewire connection on your PC. The software captures the video or still shots.

Dec 15, 2010 | JVC GR-D770 Camcorder

1 Answer

The transfer cord (1394) doesn't fit my new computer. Not sure what type of adaptor to buy.

Since the camcorder came with a 1394 cable (also know as a firewire cable) I'm guessing your camcorder is MiniDV is this correct? Your computer has USB ports standard, you usually have to get a Firewire adapter specifically. Is your computer a desktop or a laptop? If it is a laptop, there is not much you can do. If it is a desktop then you can get a firewire PCI card to put in that you can connect your camcorder to. Any more information you can provide would help me be able to give you a more accurate answer.

Aug 15, 2010 | JVC Video Cameras

1 Answer

Fire wire to PC Express so known as ieee 1394 ..or fire wire ...or might though prompt you for a driver ...

Jul 18, 2009 | JVC GR-D250 Mini DV Digital Camcorder

2 Answers

Do I need a fire wire card for PC

Hi a firewire input is different from an 1394 port. For the laptop you can buy an firewire interface.


Rob NL

Apr 16, 2009 | JVC GR-D370 Mini DV Digital Camcorder

2 Answers

Unknown device

1394 PIN is device found therefore it needs drivers. Firewire drivers u can get free with this link

Jul 28, 2008 | Panasonic PV-GS65 Mini DV Digital...

1 Answer

Techgear 3-port 1394 FireWire CardBus

Jim, Have you run the add hardware wizard? Are your pcmcia card slots enabled? If not in Control Panel then in the BIOS? Good Luck, Tim

Feb 06, 2007 | A D S GBR-101 (GBR101) Serial Adapter

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

108 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dynex Computers & Internet Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

Prashant M
Prashant M

Level 3 Expert

2263 Answers

micky dee

Level 3 Expert

2983 Answers

Are you a Dynex Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides