Question about Lexmark Z1320 InkJet Printer
I've got Lexmark Z1320 printer for my PC.
Recently I'm experience a trouble with poor printing.
Text not properly printed with blind spots and missed half of letter.
I wish to clean a printer Lexmark Z1320 but I don't know how.
Would you, please, tell me what should I do.
You can clean the cartridge using the following steps:
Click on "Start," go to "All Programs," and down to the Lexmark. Click on the "Solution Center." Next, click on the "Maintenance" tab. Select "Clean to fix horizontal strips." This will produce a printed page.
The colors that you should see here are black, yellow, magenta (a reddish purple) and cyan (a dark sky blue). You should notice the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left to right with no gaps.
If there are gaps in the lines or the print diminishes across the page, you should run the "Clean to fix horizontal strips" page a couple more times to try and clear it up. If you still have gaps at the top and bottom, you should "wick" the cartridges by following the steps given below:
1. Please open the "Solution Center" again and go to the "Maintenance" Tab.
2. Select "Install color/black cartridge" and remove the cartridge (or cartridges) from the printer.
3. Get a damp paper towel.
4. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds.
5. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean. Also, wipe the contacts inside the printer (on cartridge carrier).
6. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing.
7. Snap the cartridges back into the printer.
8. On your computer, select "Old Cartridge install."
9. Repeat the "Clean to fix horizontal strips" one more time. If this fails to address the problem, the entire procedure may need repeating.
Posted on Apr 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 24, 2011 | Lexmark Z1320 InkJet Printer
Sep 04, 2011 | Lexmark Z1320 InkJet Printer
May 15, 2011 | Lexmark Z1320 InkJet Printer
Nov 01, 2010 | Lexmark Z1320 InkJet Printer
Aug 11, 2010 | Lexmark Z1320 InkJet Printer
Apr 29, 2010 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 02, 2010 | Lexmark Z1320 InkJet Printer
Nov 15, 2009 | Lexmark Z1320 InkJet Printer
Oct 01, 2009 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
270 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: