Question about Philips Magnavox 42MF521D/37 Television
I have removed all the screws around the back cover and it does not come off. Anything else i need to do to take the cover off?
These are snapped on tight so if you take a screw driver and go around the lid gently to snap off the seal you should be great.
Posted on Apr 23, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2014 | Philips Magnavox 26MD357B-37 26 in. LCD...
Workup for repair
Diagnosis for Magnavox 32MD251D/37
• Will not power on
• Once on, if turned off power might not return
• Does not respond to power cycling
• Overloaded fuse
• Damaged/fried power board
• Damaged/fried inverter board
• Damage to wiring or related
• Overloaded capacitors on power board - I identified this based on a visual inspection and a multi meter test
• Capacitor 2079 appears overloaded - 1200uf 35v
• Capacitor 2080 appears overloaded - 1200uf 35v
• The capacitors referenced regulate the voltage controlling the power. These caps have a limited lifetime in hours which is usually around 3000. The device was left on for an extended period of time overloading these essential components.
1. I will order a set of replacement capacitors
2. Discharge board prior to work
3. Remove and replace damaged capacitors
Required Parts (total cost $30):
• (2) Vented axial 1200uF 35v Capacitors - $8
• Variable wattage soldering iron (minimum 35w) - $22
Feb 10, 2013 | Magnavox 32MD251D/37 Tabletop Pedestal...
Jun 11, 2012 | Televison & Video
Oct 13, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 30, 2011 | Philips 37PF9631D 37 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 11, 2010 | Televison & Video
Sep 14, 2008 | Philips Magnavox 15MF400T 15 in. LCD...
Feb 10, 2008 | Akai PDP4294 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma...
Nov 26, 2007 | Philips Magnavox 52MF437S/37 52 in. LCD TV
1,581 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: