How do I deregister my handsets on my VTech 2656
To be able to register your replacement handset, you must de-register all the handsets from the VT2656 base unit.
Follow the steps below to de-register your handset(s) from the VT2656 base:
1. Take out the handset that sits on the base.
2. Unplug power from the base.
3. Hold down PAGE while reconnecting power. When the In Use light blinks, release the PAGE key.
4. Hold down PAGE key for 5 seconds. When the In Use light begins to flash, release the PAGE key.
5. The handset charging light will blink 5 times. Within 5 seconds from when it stops blinking, press PAGE once.
You must register the handset(s) by following the steps below:
1. After charging the handset, remove it from the cradle, the LCD display will read "SEARCHING FOR BASE".
2. Press "NEW" and then enter the 15-digit Base ID code, located on the underside of the VT2656 base unit.
3. Press "OK". The handset will display "PLEASE WAIT!!".
4. Wait approximately 15 seconds. The handset will display "FOUND BASE". If the handset displays "BASE BUSY TRY LATER", this indicates that the system is in use. Wait until the base unit is in the idle (on hook) mode and repeat steps 2-4.
Apr 30, 2010 |
Vtech Digital Cordless Telephone VT-2568